Top Showcase Events in the South this Fall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2021
Just wanted to get the views of this group as to the best Showcase events to attend this fall as it seems a number are now 'competing' with each other - focused on the 16&18U age brackets

Apr 25, 2019
My 16u DD will be playing in the following:

PGF Show Me the Money in Orlando area
Scenic City in Chattanooga, TN
Veterans Tribute in Georgia somewhere
Thunderbolts Showcase in Birmingham, AL

Looking at the teams list, it looks like the Scenic City will be the biggest one we play in.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I agree about Clearwater and Texas Bombers. Scenic City and Legacy can be good events, if you're in the right pool. If not, they're an expensive proposition for little benefit.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
RM not what it once was.
That is true. RM used to be the only game in town, until The Bombers Exposure. But RM still brings in out of state teams and coaches show up. The issue with RM is any and every team can pay to get in, but it then became bloated and requires multiple fields all over Houston.

Bombers Exposure used to be in Seguin that only had 5 fields. It too has become very big. Why? You gotta get your 100 Bomber teams in the event somehow. right?

Power Pools without saying they are power pools. Just like every other event the TD will put together a schedule with the top tier teams playing each other so the big time coaches can go to that particular field to watch these teams in a 3 hour time slot, then go to the next field to watch the next top tier group of teams.

Note: Just because you enter a big/great "Showcase" does not mean coaches will see your team. The bigger the event your chances go down. The best event is the event your kid gets seen by the coach that wants your DD. DD first got seen at a Blinn Juco scrimmage in Sept. The coach happened to be in the same area where another lower level event was taking place. He showed up to DD's scrimmage, saw a few AB's, some catcher work and on his way out told the coach he wanted her and the pitcher. Then the AC started following the girls at the following events. Bombers Exp, RM, Aces Express Gold Cup. Those were the good ol' days!

Oct 4, 2018
There's a PGF in Kentucky (I think) October 7 that has a solid 14U group. I'm guessing other ages are strong too.

And that Veterans one. November 11-13, north atlanta suburbs (Cherokee)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478