Too early to worry?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
When I read the title of this post "too early to worry". Then I read the first.sentence." My DD is 8 U". I stopped and said, yes.it is way too early to worry. We've all been thwre. When we first started out we.we're all thinking our kid is gonna be a D1 full ride, so we went a bit crazy analyzing everything. By the time DD got to 18u, I was basically sleeping in my chair i was so relaxed, and no, she not playing in college, but she had fun playing.
I still see it as an umpire. When I do 10u or 12u games, parents go crazy every close call. At 18u games, no problems from parents since they seem it all.

Oct 4, 2018
I didn't know they had A class in 8u. I also don't think there is anything wrong with going to as many tryouts as you want. Lets your daughter meet a lot of girls that she is going to be seeing at the ball field, also makes it not that big of a deal when she gets older and tryouts may be a lot more serious. Get to see how different coaches run there practices, may pick up a few new drills. Just because you tryout doesn't mean you are joining.

I'll admit we went to tryouts for teams we most likely weren't going to join. DD wanted to get more experience, see how other teams do things, and play more softball.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Getting serious about softball in 8U will lead to the early hanging up of the cleats. Picking the right team at 12U is important. The odds of your DD playing with the same players/team at 12U that she played with at 8U are very slim. Same goes for12U to 16U.
One of the most important and often over looked factors considered when choosing a team is making sure the team has quality pitchers that can throw strikes at will. Nothing worse than a team with weak/wild pitching. The games are boring, fielders loose focus and discontent grows quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2