To move or not.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
They are all 09 girls. But I was telling her if she wanted to stay at 12u I’ll let her finish this year with them and then look for a 2010 team
09's won't be moving to 14's till Fall 2022. Nothing wrong with playing up if the 09 team is a good fit...

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I pulled DD of her 10u team this weekend things did not ended as planned (lots of problems going on w headcoach) same tournament a 12u team DD helps was playing and need it a player she changed and finished her day with them,

Am I reading this correctly and why is no one talking about this? You pulled your DD from her current team and played for another team during the middle of tournament? This is more concerning than your question about playing up to 12U. I'd like to dig into what "did not end as planned?" And why would you not wait until the weekend was over before you pulled her? This is what we here at DFP call a "hissy quit" Did she come to the fields with 2 different uniforms? or did the 12U coach have an extra set up uni's in his car?

Jun 24, 2019
Am I reading this correctly and why is no one talking about this? You pulled your DD from her current team and played for another team during the middle of tournament? This is more concerning than your question about playing up to 12U. I'd like to dig into what "did not end as planned?" And why would you not wait until the weekend was over before you pulled her? This is what we here at DFP call a "hissy quit" Did she come to the fields with 2 different uniforms? or did the 12U coach have an extra set up uni's in his car?
Ok if you want to know reason is because headcoach started going at me like crazy in front of the girls, wanting to fight because I told him to watch it because there was a backstop and they got a girl out at home plate , I decided to do that decision because I didn’t wanted for things to get physical, me trying to be the bigger person, if that’s hissy quit for some of y’all it’s ok but was not gonna let my daughter stay with a coach like that..... n/e ways yes other team had spare shirts...

Jul 31, 2015
Ok if you want to know reason is because headcoach started going at me like crazy in front of the girls, wanting to fight because I told him to watch it because there was a backstop and they got a girl out at home plate , I decided to do that decision because I didn’t wanted for things to get physical, me trying to be the bigger person, if that’s hissy quit for some of y’all it’s ok but was not gonna let my daughter stay with a coach like that..... n/e ways yes other team had spare shirts...

So you were yelling from the stands at your team's HC about a play at the plate, and then HC yelled back at you and then you left?

Mar 6, 2016
Along with all the other questions.... but HOW were you able to play in a tournament for TWO different teams? Usually, well, every tournament I've coached in or DD has been in, all teams must provide full rosters before the tournament and ONLY girls on that roster can play for that team.

Why is the tournament allowing players to jump ship and play for different teams in the same tournament????? LOL I can't even imagine that being OK. That's just f-ing anarchy, mercenary, bad mojo juju written all over it.

That big question aside.... if your DD will play and likes the 12u team, go with that. I always think choose "forward" or higher level if she'll actually get decent playing time.

Jun 24, 2019
So you were yelling from the stands at your team's HC about a play at the plate, and then HC yelled back at you and then you left?
No I was the first base coach, if I write full story I will be a Nobel so when we were coming back I told him to watch for back stop , and I guess he didn’t like it and started going off in front of the girls, me as respect I just said we are done, and left i had to swallow my pride before thing got worse,

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
No I was the first base coach, if I write full story I will be a Nobel so when we were coming back I told him to watch for back stop , and I guess he didn’t like it and started going off in front of the girls, me as respect I just said we are done, and left i had to swallow my pride before thing got worse,
You were an Asst coach? We love novels. All of sudden the HC goes Bat sh$t crazy out of the blue with no indication that his fuse was lit? We need more info? This could be one of the craziest stories we have heard in a long time. Were you guys buddy buddy during practices and other games? How many beers have you guys shared? There has got to be more to this story. I am grabbing my popcorn for this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee