throwing at runners

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I was talking about going back and forth A/B/A/B/A/B, that kinda of situation. the wslap hitter is not dancing in/out of the box, the fielder is not going to dance his feet, one over line and one not, etc.

again, stupidly worded rule. but, I will be certain going forward to tell runners to run right foot on the foul line, maximum chance of being in way of throw and pretty much completely protected, unless hit exactly at a momentn when left foot is on ground. the whole while in contact pretty much obliterates the purpose of the running lane. stupid that one moment they are interfering, then the next, with no lateral movement whatsoever, the runner is not. just a horribly worded rule. I would think umpires agree, as if the body of the runner is in lane or not while watching throw is much easier, can be determined by viewing directly down the baseline.
What if as catchers, we start our throw from foul territory when we see a runner with her right foot on the foul line. Wouldn't that negate the interference rule?

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23