Three pitch inning.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Nice. We had a 4 pitch and 6 pitch inning last night. 7 innings, 1 hour 26 minutes. At the end of the game, I complimented the ump on the quick night, and he said "game management, baby, that's how it's done." ;)

Jul 2, 2013
My DD had one of these a couple of weeks ago! Two of the three outs were good plays by the SS and 2B. It was one of those deals where I didn't even realize it happened until they got to the dugout. The team pitching coach was the first one to say something.

May 29, 2015
Always an awestriking rarity!

Not trying to humble brag (especially since I didn't do it), but I once had 8 outs on 8 straight pitches. I swear this is true ...

Last pitch to end the inning -- 1
3 pitches, 3 outs -- 4
The other team actually does it too! -- 7
The first pitch of the next inning is put into play for an out! -- 8
The next batter gets hit with the first pitch. :eek:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
This happened in early May. I might not have believed it if I hadn't seen it. It's kind of amusing.

Not that she does anything remarkable, but DD is the SS.

Her team also made a triple play which you'd think combined with the above that they might have won the game, but no, they got roughed up 11-2.

Pretty neat defense and pitcher working together!
👍

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
That’s awesome! Funny story, way back in second year 12U, the other coach signed us up in a local HS tournament. Anna’s pitching coach showed up to watch one of the pool games.

In the 1st inning she struck out the side in like 10 or 11 pitches against much older girls. She strutted back to the dugout thinking she’s all that, her PC walks to the back of the dugout and she’s smiling ear to ear.

With the straightest dead face he says to her…..go out there and throw 3 pitches and get back to me! You talking about deflating her big ole head! And of course I didn’t help any when I busted out laughing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802