Thoughts on what Gwynn is suggesting.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Just terminology, and the problem of having multiple definitions of "bat drag".

Actually dragging the bat through the zone is a completely different problem - and therefore addressed differently - than the common definition of the term of the elbows leading (ahead of) the hips to the ball which is simply a timing/sequence issue.

not necessarily, you can connect the shoulders to the torso on time and still drag it. Like I said it’s mobility after the mechanical issues are addressed. When I stated such, I was already assuming this much. Can’t do that here I guess. But again, fixing this issue has nothing to do w ‘hit the ball w the back hip’ or the hips leading in space or sequentially.

Edit: the root cause of drag is hyper mobility. If a kid can’t stabilize the structure it’s hard to create leverage.

Oct 2, 2017
not necessarily, you can connect the shoulders to the torso on time and still drag it. Like I said it’s mobility after the mechanical issues are addressed. When I stated such, I was already assuming this much. Can’t do that here I guess. But again, fixing this issue has nothing to do w ‘hit the ball w the back hip’ or the hips leading in space or sequentially.

Edit: the root cause of drag is hyper mobility. If a kid can’t stabilize the structure it’s hard to create leverage.
So, If a player is ABAF, they can still stabilize enough, to create leverage and not drag?

May 21, 2018

So someone that doesn't have hypermobility won't bat drag?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28