Thoughts on this swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I humbly disagree. That’s ok. Not the first time or the last most likely. 🙂 thinking everything is an absolute is why hitting instruction has suffered forever. Coming outta posture and delaying the launch (done in various ways) are just adjustments when faced w an abnormal situation imho.with proven hitters/swings of course.
It's ok to disagree W, but I don't like being misrepresented(not saying you are intentionally doing that). When you say you disagree, what are you disagreeing with exactly? You say they are coming out of their posture, I'm saying they are coming out of their posture. You say they are delaying their launch, I agree, you call it various ways, I'm saying in this case the adjustment results in bat drag. Aren't we saying the same thing :)

May 12, 2016
Bat drag is not an adjustment to a pitch.

That's quackery
It shouldn't be... but hitters do get in obscure positions. I mean jumping to hit a ball isn't an idea adjustment to a pitch either, right? Would I advise someone to bat drag to adjust, Nope... but it does happen

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It's ok to disagree W, but I don't like being misrepresented(not saying you are intentionally doing that). When you say you disagree, what are you disagreeing with exactly? You say they are coming out of their posture, I'm saying they are coming out of their posture. You say they are delaying their launch, I agree, you call it various ways, I'm saying in this case the adjustment results in bat drag. Aren't we saying the same thing :)

I’m trying to convey adjustments were made. No faults/flaws present in those swings.

May 12, 2016
The questions you are asking W are not either or…. Because the hitter is making an adjustment to a pitch they are fooled on (timing and perception) puts the hitter in a less than ideal position resulting in thee bat drag we see in the young lady’s swing… or like I previously said there’s bat drag in all of her swings, haven’t seen a swing where she’s not fooled

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The questions you are asking W are not either or…. Because the hitter is making an adjustment to a pitch they are fooled on (timing and perception) puts the hitter in a less than ideal position resulting in thee bat drag we see in the young lady’s swing… or like I previously said there’s bat drag in all of her swings, haven’t seen a swing where she’s not fooled

ok. Lorenz. A very accomplished hitter drags the bat. I give up

May 12, 2016
HR swing, timing was good and bat drag still apparent. She still gets the job done though

4CF303AA-6E40-4E04-A113-F5D75167C0F3.png
93FD2736-F5FE-4094-BD69-C9A672EDF888.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802