Thoughts on this swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I think he is coming out of his posture slightly. MAYBE a hair early at launch. We should use players tee work or front toss swings for comparison. Game swings are often not perfect swings due to timing. There are videos for Trout hitting off his rear leg and front leg and both legs because he is doing what needs to be done (put barrel on the ball) in real time. Its not easy. The more often a hitter can time up the pitch with thier A swing in real time the higher the exit Velo and the more money they make.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
This is really good actually, it's not a high pitch either, maybe mid thigh. Yes Ted W is coming out of his posture a little, but as per Ted W, he also TTB, right? Ted W can manage to get on plane with 0 posture LOL.

again, I don’t see this as coming out of posture. I see it as an adjustment. Just like Willie, miggy, Lorenz. These aren’t faults IMO

May 12, 2016
again, I don’t see this as coming out of posture. I see it as an adjustment. Just like Willie, miggy, Lorenz. These aren’t faults IMO
It is an adjustment, they come out of the posture to get to a high pitch. Never said it wasn't, I actually said they make adjustments to get the barrel on the ball, like coming out of their posture. Hitters will do what they must to get the barrel on the ball. Don't have enough footage on Ted or Willie, but we have tons on Miggy, and this is not typical, AKA outlier.

May 12, 2016
BTW, hitters will adjust their posture, I've always said that.... in these cases they are standing tall after foot plant/after launch, hence why I say coming out of their posture.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Th
It is an adjustment, they come out of the posture to get to a high pitch. Never said it wasn't, I actually said they make adjustments to get the barrel on the ball, like coming out of their posture. Hitters will do what they must to get the barrel on the ball. Don't have enough footage on Ted or Willie, but we have tons on Miggy, and this is not typical, AKA outlier.

So is Lorenz dragging the bat or delaying her launch? Is Ted coming out of posture or clearing space?

May 12, 2016
Th

So is Lorenz dragging the bat or delaying her launch? Is Ted coming out of posture or clearing space?
She is dragging the bat, which could be the result of her launch being delayed, which is a result of her being fooled which disrupted her timing and rhythm. She could drag the bat all the time, I haven't seen her other swings.

Create space by staying in your posture, allows the hands and barrel path to come through instead of around the body. Hitters who come out of their posture, create length and abandon space. There are exceptions and hitters do some funky things to get barrel on ball

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
She is dragging the bat, which could be the result of her launch being delayed, which is a result of her being fooled which disrupted her timing and rhythm. She could drag the bat all the time, I haven't seen her other swings.

Create space by staying in your posture, allows the hands and barrel path to come through instead of around the body. Hitters who come out of their posture, create length and abandon space. In an ideal world, there are exceptions and hitters do some funky things to get barrel on ball

I humbly disagree. That’s ok. Not the first time or the last most likely. 🙂 thinking everything is an absolute is why hitting instruction has suffered forever. Coming outta posture and delaying the launch (done in various ways) are just adjustments when faced w an abnormal situation imho.with proven hitters/swings of course.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478