Thoughts on this swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
i am pretty certain this is not the swing she uses when doing tee work. Crazy adjustment on an off speed pitch is my guess. Good athletes will get in some pretty weird positions to complete the task at hand. Putting the barrel on the ball.
Completely agree. Crazy. Doesn’t change the fact that in this swing bat drag is apparent, know what I mean?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
LOL. Don’t look at positions, look at the movement(s) through the positions.

does Willie drag it here? His elbow gets in front. Just like the Barry and Lorenz clip.

1630461476036.gif

May 12, 2016
LOL. Don’t look at positions, look at the movement(s) through the positions.

does Willie drag it here? His elbow gets in front. Just like the Barry and Lorenz clip.

View attachment 23720
Yes, he's also coming out of his posture. Of course Willie was a phenomenal athlete. There are athletes who don't have picture perfect mechanics who are still the best at what they do. That's why encourage any father who has a kid who is killing it to take caution before trying to achieve the perfect swing. Sometimes pure natural ability can be stunted and become mechanical which hurts the athlete. JMHO

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes, he's also coming out of his posture. Of course Willie was a phenomenal athlete. There are athletes who don't have picture perfect mechanics who are still the best at what they do. That's why encourage any father who has a kid who is killing it to take caution before trying to achieve the perfect swing. Sometimes pure natural ability can be stunted and become mechanical which hurts the athlete. JMHO

does he come outta posture or get on plane w a high pitch? Again, think about the movements not the positions.

miggy is doing the same right?

1630516453027.gif

just bc the elbow gets in front a bit doesn’t mean one is dragging the bat. They’re all adjustments to hit the ball. the elbow slot is usually a sign that the hitter was a tad early and gets deeper into the ‘planing’ process bc they’re early. If the elbow stays in front of the knob through the midline of the body, that would be drag. Bc thats what drag is. Dragging is moving something from behind. That is how I see it.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Bat drag (as a hitting issue) is not something that happens when you adjust to a pitch's location or speed. It is something that you can't help but do until you get trained not to...

May 12, 2016
does he come outta posture or get on plane w a high pitch? Again, think about the movements not the positions.

miggy is doing the same right?

View attachment 23729

just bc the elbow gets in front a bit doesn’t mean one is dragging the bat. They’re all adjustments to hit the ball. the elbow slot is usually a sign that the hitter was a tad early and gets deeper into the ‘planing’ process bc they’re early. If the elbow stays in front of the knob through the midline of the body, that would be drag. Bc thats what drag is. Dragging is moving something from behind. That is how I see it.
Not even remotely close, Miggy is coming out his posture because he's swinging at a bad pitch(out of the strike zone), that's not the case with Willie. I'm not saying a hitter won't do what it takes to get to a ball, like Miggy here. Heck we've seen Altuve jump out of his cleats to make contact on a hit and run. Let's eliminate outliers from the discussion so we can compare apples to apples

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not even remotely close, Miggy is coming out his posture because he's swinging at a bad pitch(out of the strike zone), that's not the case with Willie. I'm not saying a hitter won't do what it takes to get to a ball, like Miggy here. Heck we've seen Altuve jump out of his cleats to make contact on a hit and run. Let's eliminate outliers from the discussion so we can compare apples to apples

It is the same thing. Mays is hitting a high pitch also. Don’t know how much more apples to apples it gets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28