Those pesky one legged and back elbow down hitters.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
View attachment 25869

Refer to Post #8.

FYI: Forearm, not elbow.

It's a simple leverage issue. The less flat the forearm is, the less leverage you have on the bat head. You want the 90 deg angle like Hank above at the start, then bring the elbow and bat head down in unison (to hip slot).

If you bring it down from a flat start, the bat head will be flat at the end. If you bring it down from halfway, the bat head can only travel halfway, then you have to muscle it the rest of the way (drag).

The less leverage you have down in the zone. Not through the zone. The swing is 3D w a timing element. The positional hitting nonsense needs to stop.

Now if we’re talking about a pure leverage standpoint like a HR derby swing. Sure. But game pitching is different. We’re trying to barrel the ball. Not have the most leverage. Hitting is timing. Not mechanics.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Romero's free hands allows for driving this pitch up in the zone. She was definitely cheating for this pitch.

gTC0bCL.gif

I was gonna post this very swing. Great minds.. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: TDS
May 12, 2016
Or cheating the posture to cover the zone ;)
Hmmmm ... I don't know, if she was cheating, why start there and then adjust? Know what I mean? Looks like she's adjusting with the pitch to me.

I could be wrong, this is just what I see in this swing

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Hmmmm ... I don't know, if she was cheating, why start there and then adjust? Know what I mean? Looks like she's adjusting with the pitch to me.

I could be wrong, this is just what I see in this swing
Julray, I see her position allows her to come up and over.

pIXCOLx.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802