This pitching style~ Connie Clark

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Can still remember being in the box and seeing her in that set position that look like she was slightly leaning back.
Could really see what a big strong pitcher she was while moving through her mechanics! The presence of confidence in the circle!
Dominator!

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Here she is speaking about pitching at the University of Texas.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Award presentation for her well deserved pitching career!
Reaching 700 wins! Broderick award!
National player of the year!

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
I never met her, but I've heard she was a nice lady. Osterman had nothing but nice things to say about her, at least to me. So, between her and yourself, I'd say it seems like she's a great person. I didn't know she was such an accomplished pitcher! Did she do the pitching coaching while at Texas or did she have another? Mike White, who I think is on Mt Rushmore of coaches and especially pitching, once had Mike Roberts on his staff and let him do a lot of the coaching of pitchers. While they go way back to youth ball in New Zealand (although, MW is older by 5-8 years, give or take), it's hard to think White allowed someone else to handle his pitchers.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
I never met her, but I've heard she was a nice lady. Osterman had nothing but nice things to say about her, at least to me. So, between her and yourself, I'd say it seems like she's a great person. I didn't know she was such an accomplished pitcher! Did she do the pitching coaching while at Texas or did she have another? Mike White, who I think is on Mt Rushmore of coaches and especially pitching, once had Mike Roberts on his staff and let him do a lot of the coaching of pitchers. While they go way back to youth ball in New Zealand (although, MW is older by 5-8 years, give or take), it's hard to think White allowed someone else to handle his pitchers.
Cannot say I have followed her coaching career. But from looking up her career it's a pretty darn good one!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Can still remember being in the box and seeing her in that set position that look like she was slightly leaning back.
Could really see what a big strong pitcher she was while moving through her mechanics! The presence of confidence in the circle!
Dominator!

That is some serious Front side resistance.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Do any pitchers today actually hip backwards like this pitcher. Watch her front foot.

Her movement is very similar to how a lot of men’s pitchers move.

DD’s PC taught her this style almost identical to Connie’s. The only difference is he coached toes up (for the push foot) during the lean back. To aid in stretching the calf/hamstrings/glutes. She used this style for a few years. He even had her try getting her hands up above her head before coming down and going forward. “Look like a bear and put some fear into the hitter” he said. It didn’t stick, but the this movement style helped her tremendously. It’s simple and easier to keep consistent (IMO).

I don’t see this style a lot locally/regionally. Although when I do I get excited because it is so rare.

This picture was from DD’s first 12u year.

Attachments

• PNG image 2.png
    PNG image 2.png
    798.1 KB · Views: 30

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802