This Old Man is dusting off the cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Your coil is more into the back leg/hip.
Or even on top of the back leg. Not enough around the back leg and getting coil around the back hip.
Thanks Shawn, I can see that. @efastball has been telling me something similar. I think I have it figured out now after several dry swings this evening. Stay tuned more swings tomorrow hopefully

May 12, 2016
If it makes you feel any better I took 5 swings tonight off of front toss and the video of it was as bad as it felt :LOL:..

Marcela was like "Those were not good Dad..." :mad:
Lol, I couldn’t believe when I watched my own video, brutal.

I believe I’ve seen one of your swings years ago, i thought it was a very good swing. Can’t remember if you sent to me via PM or posted

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Just want to say a quick thanks to everybody, been taking all of your advice and trying to implement regardless of my own beliefs and theory.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Well, one thing is the stride. It is reaching and a combination of getting the weight to back hip pocket. There are style’s, some hitters reach with the foot, some don’t.

secondly, his hands follow his body forward. So, the hands can move forward. He looks like fused unit.

a reach to me is when the front leg extends before the pelvis advances. Don’t see that w Seager. Yelich has done this the last few years. Notice when the middle stretches.

last year
1629177296366.gif

Mvp year.
1629177232537.gif

The weight gets back behind him (Seager) a bit more than towards the catcher at set up. Then he gathers back towards the catcher a bit w a still head loading around the spine. Not the back hip. Notice the shoulders counter rotate against the belly button.. upper against the middle. they all do it, some don’t do it early enough imo. Just compare the Yelich vids. No running start in the top gif.. meaning, there’s slack or drag. Bottom has the middle turning w the bat.

Jun 8, 2016
There is something to be said for simplicity of Hank's move out..not a lot ways to get mucked up. Could explain his consistency.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802