This day 11 years ago...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
Just from the still photo I can tell there was a crow hop and replant. LOL. And it was a nice 74 degrees day.
Oh yea, how can you tell? Because you see holes in the ground?? How do you know that wasn't created by the OTHER pitcher? I look to be on my toe, which may or may not be a leap... leaping is legal in International play. lol

All kidding aside, when I had to pitch under the International rules, I didn't really crow hop as much because it was too hard to generate the necessary power for it with having both feet on the rubber. Remember, this was 11 years ago, the rules still required pitchers to start with 2 feet on the rubber and crow hopping was "illegal". While the line between crow hop and leap can sometimes be blurring, I didn't try for a blatant crow hop when pitching under those rules. I did whatever the umpires let me get away with I guess. :) The other pitcher in the game is originally from Argentina but lives in Italy with his Italian wife, now he crow hops and doesn't pretend that he doesn't. lol. But, just keep in mind, whether pitchers crow hop or not in men's fastpitch, NOBODY complains about it. Nobody posts videos on Facebook and Twitter from someone's parent who whines about the opposing pitcher's crow hop. The guy's philosophy is, no matter how it's thrown the ball has to cross the plate. So shut up and swing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse