This all sucks, but...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I'm thinking about my dds last year of HS ball and how it would have sucked to not have played. How lucky we were that her last season of travel and of club ball happened. I'm looking at local kids I've known since they were 4 or 5, Hanging around the park while their older sister played, And they are missing their senior season, and their last travel season. Sorry to all those who can't finish out their careers.

One girl I can remember running around the park as a munchkin and I used to point her out as eventually the best player there (including all the older girls). I always expected her to be the best one in the area, but she discovered basketball so her softball progress subsided as her basketball skills expanded. So this would have been her very last season of softball before going to college to play bball.

So instead of sob stories, lay out an unexpected benefit of this season(s) off. Here is one I imagine playing out.

Honey, have you not been paying the bills, we seem to have way more money in the bank then usual.
No dear, we just haven't had to pay anything out for softball.

May 21, 2018
One positive is my family doesn't have to here me complain non-stop about the weather this year. We would have played very few games due to rain, and it's going to start raining again, so this coming weekend would have been another wash out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812