Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit Saying 2022 Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
O.K., I’m annoyed by something new.

Hitters. Get in the box and hit. Coaches: Tell your hitters to get in the box and hit.

Where are you walking to between pitches? Were you thinking about going back to the dugout for a sandwich? And quit all that goofy twitching and weird bat swings.

There were at least two times during all these games where the batter walked so far away from the plate/toward the dugout after a strike that I thought the count on the screen was wrong and she had just struck out.

Dec 11, 2010
“A riseball low and inside”. -The Hair.

It was at the knees.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2011
"If the foul lines were paint that ball would have spun foul." "That chalk kept the ball from going foul." Um, shouldn't foul lines be chalk on dirt? Play on artificial turf if you think that matters.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
The average D1 pitcher strikes players out 30% of the time with an 0-2 count. Jordy does it 69% of the time. That's three times as much.

-The three headed monster

Please give Grey Roberson a shot at a national game.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE TO CARRY A ONE!!!!!!

ritter.gif

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
"If the foul lines were paint that ball would have spun foul." "That chalk kept the ball from going foul." Um, shouldn't foul lines be chalk on dirt? Play on artificial turf if you think that matters.

This is one of those times where she wasn't wrong (the slightly raised chalk line did stop the ball from spinning foul), but still found a way to make the thought sound stupid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee