The value of the right pitching coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
North Penn High school in Lansdale PA has now had the last 3 Gatorade Player of the year tropies awarded to their pitchers. If you go back to the year prior to Covid that makes 4 of 5 GPOTY awards in PA that were awarded to pitchers. That may not seem surprising but.. all 3 pitchers who won these 4 are all taught by the same pitching coach (Joe Ferguson- Pauly certified). Who your daughter trains with is so important. Chose wisely.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
North Penn High school in Lansdale PA has now had the last 3 Gatorade Player of the year tropies awarded to their pitchers. If you go back to the year prior to Covid that makes 4 of 5 GPOTY awards in PA that were awarded to pitchers. That may not seem surprising but.. all 3 pitchers who won these 4 are all taught by the same pitching coach (Joe Ferguson- Pauly certified). Who your daughter trains with is so important. Chose wisely.
What travel ball teams do they pitch for?

May 27, 2013
Just to add to that, no fancy facility, doesn’t constantly gun the pitchers (when he does, it’s more to work on speed differential between fastball and changeup), and extremely reasonable cost! All lessons are 1:1. Joe is like a hidden gem in SEPA!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
For some pitching coaches around HTX you need to get a solid referral and get on a waiting list. A certain coach keeps saying he is retiring but i still see pitchers working out with him.

Oct 4, 2018
Great instructors are very rare. And sometimes hard to get time with.

When the Extra Innings list of top 2027 pitchers came out, I think about half the top 100 pitchers were taught by Tincher instructors. They made a facebook post about it (which I imagine is easily found online).

Part of it *can* be a result of him having the luxury to only take on top students. We had to interview/apply to get in with our instructor. She's in high demand and feels her skills are best applied to above average pitchers to make them great pitchers. So she doesn't take on beginners.

Jun 8, 2016
Part of it *can* be a result of him having the luxury to only take on top students. We had to interview/apply to get in with our instructor. She's in high demand and feels her skills are best applied to above average pitchers to make them great pitchers. So she doesn't take on beginners.
I wish I could do that with my students…😂

May 13, 2021
Great instructors are very rare. And sometimes hard to get time with.

When the Extra Innings list of top 2027 pitchers came out, I think about half the top 100 pitchers were taught by Tincher instructors. They made a facebook post about it (which I imagine is easily found online).

I wonder how many Tincher instructors there are. Also there are a lot of instructors out there that should never teach anyone how to pitch, and a bunch more that should probably only teach beginners.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'll give Denny credit for one thing. He learned how to monetize his daughter's success. That's not to say they aren't good instructors, but he's making a killing at what he does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood