The Shift?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Maybe this is old news, I haven't seen it anywhere yet. Florida was playing a shift in the game against LSU today. I had the volume down and was doing some fast forwarding so I wasn't listening to the commentary. They had 5 infielders and only 2 outfielders. The outfielders weren't spread out but in their normal positions, against a right hand batter they had no rightfielder and pitched inside. It looked like they only played it against certain players.

Jul 31, 2015
Last weekend the commentators said Florida shifts like that when Hightower is pitching. Because she induces a ton of squibblers to the infield.

Seemed to work.

Aug 25, 2019
I'm trying to watch that game now on ESPNU, but they got this damn college hockey game going on, it's into the 4th OT.

Aug 25, 2019
Well, hockey finally ended at 1:45am, and they don't even put on the softball game!.....But I found Syracuse/Pitt.......Funny sometimes these college teams look as bad as a JV team, a pop up between Pitt pitcher and catcher, they botch the catch, but throw out the batter-runner at first since she wasn't hustling.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802