The death of JV Softball???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
DD’s tentative middle school schedule came out a few weeks ago, and as tryouts have gotten underway we’ve seen a number of schools drop off the schedule. They’re just not attracting enough girls to field a team. I hope it’s more C19 related than an indication of waning interest among the younger set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In our area soccer players greatly outnumber softball players. Both sports are nearly year round so most people feel they have to focus on one. The overwhelming choice is soccer...

Dec 16, 2016
Minnesota: So far our school's JV has a full schedule, but there are a few teams in our conference that didn't have enough numbers to have a JV team. I have heard of this being a bigger issue in other parts of the Twin Cities area, eg. school A has a JV team and is struggling to fill a full schedule to to other conference schools not fielding a JV team.

It really is all over the board, our school typically has 60-70+ girls try out for 52 roster spots across 4 teams. The another school in our district had 19 girls try out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812