The Chamberlain pool

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
That explains the funky warm up swing Chamberlain and some others use (straight chop down swing)....good thing she changes it when she steps in the box :) nice smile and nod work Lauren....

There was a time when I also categorically shut out those that spoke of swinging down, or staying on top, etc. Many of the local coaches were influenced by coaches like the OU coach. They would go to a coaches conference and hear Tripp say things like "swing down at it", "stay on top of it", "Attack from above", etc. Then they would take the cues back to their teams or businesses and misuse them because they didn't understand what He had tried to convey. They took the literal meaning and had their hitters swing down "through the ball", attack from above "straight down at the ground", etc.
When I heard Tripp say the words "swing down at it", I looked at Him and He knew it needed more explanation. He quickly said, "Don't literally swing down to the ground, I just want you to keep your barrel tip up instead of dropping it below the ball early in your swing".. Anyway, good cues used the wrong way is common. Many hitters brought to DFP could use a stiff dose of "attack from above" IMO.;) Lauren attacks from above...

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
"Don't literally swing down to the ground, I just want you to keep your barrel tip up instead of dropping it below the ball early in your swing"..
Yes,yes,yes. Key word is early (don't barrel dump).

Mar 26, 2013
LC still at 89 since OU hasn't played since Saturday. Remaining schedule:

Thu-Sat Baylor
Mon 4/20 No. TX
Wed 4/22 @ OK St.
Fri-Sun @ Kansas
Thu 4/30 @ No. TX
Sat-Sun Utah Valley
Sat 5/9 OK St.
Sun 5/10 @ OK St.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
So PDIDDY, MSDINOSAUR and SOCAL_DAD are in good shape. I want to give BobinMadison a consolation prize since he called today for her to set the record and she actually tied it today, but I get the sense that if I give him the prize (several half full sunflower seed bags dill/cracked pepper and Chile Lime) it will lead to a story about how Jack Kerouac once gave him an acid laced bag of sunflower seeds while they were hanging out with the other beatnicks and it led to him running away to south America to help Che Guevarra fix his motorcyle, Robert Pirsig was there as well and that is how "ZEN and the ART of MOTORCYCLE MAINTAINENCE" was born. I will check out the story via the internet and find it is completely factual and thus realize yet again that he has led a far more interesting life than I and I just don't want to face that right now so no seeds for you Bob.

redhotcoach, knightsb, yocoach and yours truly are officially out.

bonus...I did use the attack from above cue from this thread to help with some pop up issues with the girls.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Think I should get something as I called the fact it would be with a 2Legit.... the Tie was, and I'll bet the record will be set with 2Legit :cool:

Apr 11, 2012
Think I should get something as I called the fact it would be with a 2Legit.... the Tie was, and I'll bet the record will be set with 2Legit :cool:

maybe so, but please review the prizes to the winner....but you could give that kid a stick and she could "yard" someone.....#cowboynotthegun

Jun 18, 2010
Going to the KU / OU game tomorrow night (weather permitting). Maybe I'll get to see it live.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore