Thank Goodness that is over.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2013
Even the best teams break up, Welcome to the wonderful world of "travel" softball. Now you know why they call it Travel ball and not allstars

Dec 10, 2012
USA
We had a similar situation. After the first 3 try-outs, DD (15) said she wasn't going to anymore tryouts and that if she didn't make one of the three teams, she would play pick up and concentrate on JROTC activities for the next few months. She said she would try out again in spring when openings happen. After deciding she was ok with not being on a team, the team from the 2nd tryout offered a spot. I have never seen such a big smile on her face. I said that I thought she didn't want to be on a team for a while. She said well, I did want to be on that team but was afraid I didn't make it. Huge burden lifted off her shoulders. I was so relieved. I didn't know what life would be like without softball after living it for so many years.

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
13 y/o DD played rec for 6 years. After this past spring season she said heck with this! I want to play travel. I didn't think she could get ready in time for tryouts but the girl lived, breathed, and ate softball for the next few months and tried out for 3 teams. Got a second call back from a really good team and wound up making the team. Practices start in a week and half so she's doing a lot of tee work, had the niece over today to train her in speed and agility (niece was captain of soccer team at Adelphi), and tomorrow it's front toss.

But I digress. I, too, am thankful the tryouts are over. And I only have a 20 minute ride to practices. Don't hate me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478