Texas Classic Canceled

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
In a year full of punches to the gut, the most anticipated tournament of opening weekend has been canceled. Man, what a downer. Guess I'm happy it's weather related rather than Covid related.

I upgraded to get Longhorn Network just so I could watch this tournament!

Still hoping to get to watch the OU Bobcats take on Coastal Carolina on ESPN+ this weekend!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
yep, real bumber for sure. Should have booked a trip to El Paso to watch my Sooners play. Weather was actually pretty good there today unlike the rest of Texas.

Jun 8, 2016
I mean I wonder how hard White tried to ge the games moved considering he lost his best pitcher and would have been facing the #3 team in the country. It wasn't like this freeze was a surprise..:p

Oct 29, 2019
In a year full of punches to the gut, the most anticipated tournament of opening weekend has been canceled. Man, what a downer. Guess I'm happy it's weather related rather than Covid related.

I upgraded to get Longhorn Network just so I could watch this tournament!

Still hoping to get to watch the OU Bobcats take on Coastal Carolina on ESPN+ this weekend!
A bit off topic here but seems like I might get answers.

I would like to watch Big 12 Softball this season.

What is the best way to do this?

I saw there are games on SoonerSports streaming service. FloSoftball, Longhorn network, ESPN+...

I don't mind paying for a streaming service but I don't want to pay for 5 streaming services. It would be nice if I could watch games after they have already happened.

Feb 12, 2014

I saw there are games on SoonerSports streaming service. FloSoftball, Longhorn network, ESPN+...

I don't mind paying for a streaming service but I don't want to pay for 5 streaming services. It would be nice if I could watch games after they have already happened.

I pay for ESPN+ and add the Sports Pack on DirectTV. This gets me a ton of games. I used to do a month of FloSoftball in February every year, but I stopped doing that when they did away with monthly subscriptions.

The Sports Pack on DirecTV gets you Longhorn Network and the Fox Sports regional network that carries some Oklahoma games during the season.

Using my DirecTV subscription, I can get all the games on SEC+ and ACC+ via the ESPN app - that is a bunch of games.

Hope that helps.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I pay for ESPN+ and add the Sports Pack on DirectTV. This gets me a ton of games. I used to do a month of FloSoftball in February every year, but I stopped doing that when they did away with monthly subscriptions.

The Sports Pack on DirecTV gets you Longhorn Network and the Fox Sports regional network that carries some Oklahoma games during the season.

Using my DirecTV subscription, I can get all the games on SEC+ and ACC+ via the ESPN app - that is a bunch of games.

Hope that helps.
I have Espn+ and that is it. Cut the cable awhile back and it pains me this time of year but I make it work. This time of year any softball is good softball, watching some games now, not the best schools but it is so great to watch.

****Just a note on Flo softball. Just my experience and won't ever touch it again unless another company takes over. 2 reasons why:

1. They STILL advertise a $12.49/month subscription yet that option went away a long time ago. Well over a year or 2 at least. I tried to sign up last year and they charged me for the full year which brings me to point 2.

2. Any company that does not have a customer service phone number to call into and speak with someone is one to run from. I was not happy with the full year charge so tried to call and there is no number to call. After many emails they finally refunded me "some money" and only charged me $49 for the month yet the advertisement was $12.49/month. WHAT A JOKE!!! One of the first times I just sucked it up and decided to let it go. Probably because there was no way to get anyone on the phone.

I have had other friends that this happened to as well. $12.49 to suck you in and then charge you more and no number to call and fix it. Money grab.

Sorry for the rant and if anyone knows anyone at the company that is willing to speak about this and take a phone call please let me know.

It's really unfortunate because they have some great girls that appear to work for them, advertise for them, etc. but the most shady company I have seen in sports in awhile.

Nov 18, 2013

Unfortunately the Longhorn Network is your only real option for Big 12 Softball. They play a few games with OU, Baylor and OK State, but you’re usually stuck watching Texas.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I have Espn+ and that is it. Cut the cable awhile back and it pains me this time of year but I make it work. This time of year any softball is good softball, watching some games now, not the best schools but it is so great to watch.

****Just a note on Flo softball. Just my experience and won't ever touch it again unless another company takes over. 2 reasons why:

1. They STILL advertise a $12.49/month subscription yet that option went away a long time ago. Well over a year or 2 at least. I tried to sign up last year and they charged me for the full year which brings me to point 2.

2. Any company that does not have a customer service phone number to call into and speak with someone is one to run from. I was not happy with the full year charge so tried to call and there is no number to call. After many emails they finally refunded me "some money" and only charged me $49 for the month yet the advertisement was $12.49/month. WHAT A JOKE!!! One of the first times I just sucked it up and decided to let it go. Probably because there was no way to get anyone on the phone.

I have had other friends that this happened to as well. $12.49 to suck you in and then charge you more and no number to call and fix it. Money grab.

Sorry for the rant and if anyone knows anyone at the company that is willing to speak about this and take a phone call please let me know.

It's really unfortunate because they have some great girls that appear to work for them, advertise for them, etc. but the most shady company I have seen in sports in awhile.
Eff lowsoftball . Ive heard that before and will never spend a dime on anything they have. The fact that schools agree to be a part this is sad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478