Tell me theorys on bunting....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Newer guy to these forums here...The more I browse around for subtle hints, techniques, and different training ideas, etc. the more I just see people shoving their way in posters faces, while telling everyone else they are doing it wrong. Hoping this isn't the standard for the board overall, but I tend to see it come up in most threads so far. Pretty cringy stuff...2 cents given.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Newer guy to these forums here...The more I browse around for subtle hints, techniques, and different training ideas, etc. the more I just see people shoving their way in posters faces, while telling everyone else they are doing it wrong. Hoping this isn't the standard for the board overall, but I tend to see it come up in most threads so far. Pretty cringy stuff...2 cents given.
Go to the tech hitting forum. They are very nice there.

Jun 8, 2016

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
New to the internet?
LMAO, no. It's not twitter level magic yet 🙃 lols
Just think using one way only, doesn't quite develop all types of players or teams in general. Just surprised this thread went gutter... people are gonna die on a hill regarding " to bunt or not to bunt, that is the question" I've seen teams lose stupid games and big tourney's because they trusted they could hit their way out of situations and it cost them, i've also seen teams butcher bunts that tanked rally's. I think it's a situational thing and you can apply each in certain situations. I will say I've seen many more teams regardless of level, shake a good defense if they drop some down in the dead zones...Next thing you know, they cheat the bunt and boom extra base hits start dropping. "Saw this at the USA 16U national championship here" I think the bigger question is, are you teaching all phases for when they are needed?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
LMAO, no. Just think using one way only, doesn't quite develop all types of players or teams in general. Just surprised this thread went gutter... people are gonna die on a hill regarding " to bunt or not to bunt, that is the question" I've seen teams lose stupid games because they trusted they could hit their way out of situations and it cost them, i've also seen teams butcher bunts that tanked rally's. I think it's a situational thing and you can apply each in certain situations. I will say I've seen many more teams regardless of level, shake a good defense if they drop some down in the dead zones...Next thing you know, they cheat the bunt and boom extra base hits start dropping. I think the bigger question is, are you teaching all phases for when they are needed?
Any thread you click on that is longer than 10 pages will ultimately be in the gutter. There is only so much one can say about a topic before people start to repeat themselves and then get annoyed that they are repeating themselves and then start slinging poop like monkeys in a zoo..

With regards to situational I've said as much in this thread (as has pretty much everybody else...everyone just has a different idea of how many situations are relevant..) not going to repeat myself ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802