Tee work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2022
My college DD - 75% front toss and any tee work is her working on small issues

My Jr. High teams (who have only rec ball experience) - 75%+ tee with almost all drills (not full swing). I can't imagine trying to work on fixing their swing without drills or with front toss only.

May 20, 2015
every time one of my DDs has struggles, they go back to the tee.....they figure out what is giving them trouble, find a drill or two that helps with that, and then bring that work out to front toss and live

they have fundamental, foundational tee drills (i think about 8?) that we used to build their swing, and they consistently go back to those to reinforce the concepts they believe important to their swing

but yeah, this guy is right ;)

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Got a tip from a swing guru. When doing tee work, he has his students look out at an imaginary pitcher and imagine tracking the ball in. I forgot to try this morning. I strongly believe in long tee. The hitter and the coach get a lot of feedback seeing the trajectory and spin of the ball off the bat. For example, I can tell by the spin of the ball if my DD is sawing across the ball. You can't see that hitting into a net 4 feet away.

Jun 8, 2016
Got a tip from a swing guru. When doing tee work, he has his students look out at an imaginary pitcher and imagine tracking the ball in.
I’ve preaching that on here for 5 years but I don’t blame you if you don’t want to take my advice 😂

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
As far as gurus go, name this tune.

“And I said ‘Look here brother
Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?
Now what kind of a guru are you, anyway?
Look here brother, don’t waste your time on me'”

Jun 8, 2016
As far as gurus go, name this tune.

“And I said ‘Look here brother
Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?
Now what kind of a guru are you, anyway?
Look here brother, don’t waste your time on me'”
Lol..last time I paid attention to music I was driving around on my bike listening to NWA on my Walkman and that has more than two words which are not explicit so it is definitely not NWA..

Jun 5, 2019
I use the tee as a warmup but I try to keep the drills limited. On the tee for the most part I just like moving the ball around and telling them to hit it at a target. I'll pull out a drill to teach them something new from time to time or fix a problem but it will be limited to 1 or 2 drills for 10 min then on to the moving ball. I'm a big believer in the the law of specificity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23