Tee work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I have mixed feelings. My kid has never been able to transfer what she does on the tee to her game swing. That could be due to incompetency of the instructor, I don't know. At this point we do try to work on things off the tee but in reality it is probably more of a warmup than anything else.
Fire that dude, lol!
I strongly believe in long tee. The hitter and the coach get a lot of feedback seeing the trajectory and spin of the ball off the bat. For example, I can tell by the spin of the ball if my DD is sawing across the ball. You can't see that hitting into a net 4 feet away.
In the cage you can see this pretty well. It would be even better to hit onto a field, weather doesn’t permit that year around here.

If I could go back and do it all over again, we would go to the trouble of hitting on a field as much as possible. Tee, toss, machine, all of it. It’s worth it.

When you do have to hit into a net, hit into a marked net from a certain neutral tee height (or figure out multiple tee heights and markings.) Our goal was like 18-28 degrees, that’s too low of a trajectory... After all these years I’d be shooting for 26-36 degrees or something like that. Actually, I would make launch angle consistency a tee goal….. Pick one launch angle as a goal etc..

Man I wish I could go back and do a few things different!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812