Teams with Gold and Elite in their organizational Names

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
And that is too funny....we have a national team here that plays in all the Utrip B tournament’s also.
We have a “national” level team in our area—at least one with national level aspirations and a tournament schedule to mostly match—that will play open tournaments locally on occasion (particularly in the Fall) as, if you like, tune ups or scrimmages for higher level tournaments. They move their girls around, try different pitchers, line ups, etc. As long as they are not doing it every weekend, I don’t see a problem with that and it gives less talented teams a taste of what it is like to play much stronger competition.

May 6, 2015
DDs org has two 14u teams, the "Gold" is actually the B team, head of org did this so as to not denigrate them (org colors and navy and gold, A team is "Navy"), colors are just to differentiate.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
It used to be only ASA Softball Gold tourneys. Now I would include PGF Premier, JO Cup, Boulder IDT, Fireworks Power Pool Triple Crown Nationals (Top 16 finish-or maybe 32). The new Fastpitch Alliance series is another one.

Our Texas based Org (you are familiar with), only allows you to add the Gold/Elite/Premier/National moniker if it is earned. They have specific tournament(s) and even placement rules in order to earn one. We have not earned one yet. As you said, it is a process.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
DD's org has their own designations that are earned by specific requirements that are laid out for everyone to see on their website.

Futures --> Platinum --> Premier

If you see a Premier, you better be ready to play. DD is on a Platinum team and get our butts kicked by Premiers on a regular basis.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Call your team whatever you like. It doesn't matter, and it is certainly not something worth worrying about. The moment some new term becomes popular everyone will grab it and make it worthless. It is all a meaningless promotional grab for attention or ego.

People who care about this... well don't be that person.

Oct 14, 2016
10U Ring Chasers Platinum Elite Gold is a nationally ranked team that competes in the most competitive C tournaments in our city. We are looking for a second Premier bracket pitcher and catcher. Also looking for 9 committed impact utility players to round out our experienced core of 1.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
We have a “national” level team in our area—at least one with national level aspirations and a tournament schedule to mostly match—that will play open tournaments locally on occasion (particularly in the Fall) as, if you like, tune ups or scrimmages for higher level tournaments. They move their girls around, try different pitchers, line ups, etc. As long as they are not doing it every weekend, I don’t see a problem with that and it gives less talented teams a taste of what it is like to play much stronger competition.

Regarding the "national" team I mentioned, I've seen them play. They struggle in the "B" level tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802