Team Rules~No player/parent interaction at the ballpark

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 17, 2019
DD was in an organization that was similar. For practices, parents were only allowed to sit beyond the outfield fences. They were not allowed to sit in the bleacher seats in the infield.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
If that's what people want to sign up for, but I wouldn't do it. Staying out of the way from warmups through post-game is totally reasonable, but I don't see any reason or advantage to restricting contact between games. Youth tournaments are something to be experienced as a family...not like you're sending your kid into the Army.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I'd be open-minded but skeptical. Some kids need a break from constant softball focus/team interaction. Introverts get drained being in a peer group all day long with no escape.
Will agree in that not all environments are for everybody.

Comment not specific to introverts or not.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
If that's what people want to sign up for, but I wouldn't do it. Staying out of the way from warmups through post-game is totally reasonable

, but I don't see any reason or advantage to restricting contact between games. Youth tournaments are something to be experienced as a family...not like you're sending your kid into the Army.
For more chit chat everybody
🙂 not a spotlight interrogation on Strike2 LOL just asking...

Do you think it could happen that the influence of Parental conversation could contribute to a players emotional or mental thinking between coming back from one game to another?

Or perhaps
that if the team stayed together during game breaks they could understand getting to know each other better and learn team unity?

May 11, 2014
How many players were successful after softball or after playing on his team would be a good way of determining how good of policy this was. Also, did the coach observe this rule himself or did he go talk with his buddies. I generally agree with staying away during warm ups and game time but between games would require immense trust

radness

Dec 13, 2019
How many players were successful after softball or after playing on his team would be a good way of determining how good of policy this was. Also, did the coach observe this rule himself or did he go talk with his buddies. I generally agree with staying away during warm ups and game time but between games would require immense trust
Extremely successful!!! Highest ranks of success. Multiple College all Americans. And even Olympians.
For many years!!!

Hmmm could say it like this... he is a coach who limits who is to be within his personal space. He definitely does not need nor want groupies. LOL

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Know of a very successful travel ball coach who had this policy for the players on his team.
(When he started tb many years ago)
12u and older.

There would be no player to parent interaction at the Ballpark at all.
Players are to arrive ready to go for the day including a lunch box and all water Gatorade and such for the day.
No players going over to their parents after the game, nor talking to them during the game. There were no parents coming over and chatting with their kid during or after games or in between games.
Coach wanted players Full Focus and working on doing everything as one unit. Other than if there was an extreme injury, No breaking of this rule was obliged at all.

Any comments about this?
Does anybody have a team that is ran like this currently?

The travel ball team am speaking about had about 12 national championships through 18u in their first 15 years. The coach had more success following years and continues in softball to this day.

DD's team is like this. In between games, mostly when there is a 1+ hour break, we are free to hang out with them and top up food, water, etc.

Team makes it very clear what the expectations are for the parents.

I very much like it.

May 11, 2014
Guess it's better than letting the players run around like a bunch of wild(one players 3yr old brother drove off in the tournament director's golf cart).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802