Team Manager - Scoring/Streaming

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
Do most people typically use a GoPro to record the games?
FWIW - I use a Mevo Plus to record, upload to Youtube and send an unlisted link to parents for them to download/get clips. No live stream. DD was moved to a new team in the organization after fall ball this year and a parent is using TM and streaming from his GoPro10 through a gopro link that allows for re-watching anytime but doesn't look like one can download the video. Hoping to approach him and work in concert so we have both options a good 1080p or 4K recording by me and a live stream from him.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
FWIW - I use a Mevo Plus to record, upload to Youtube and send an unlisted link to parents for them to download/get clips. No live stream. DD was moved to a new team in the organization after fall ball this year and a parent is using TM and streaming from his GoPro10 through a gopro link that allows for re-watching anytime but doesn't look like one can download the video. Hoping to approach him and work in concert so we have both options a good 1080p or 4K recording by me and a live stream from him.
One thing to think of, your Mevo Plus will provide a much better stream than the GoPro (any GoPro). GoPro only allows the wide view when streaming. So you have wasted spaced on the sides, the action is pushed back so far, and often fence is in the shot. About the only way around this is to use the Media Mod and use the HDMI out to a capture card. But a lot more work than is required and can get expensive and complicated to run.

Feb 7, 2016
For Showcase games, I rarely use the opponents rosters. In fact, most showcases, providing a roster/lineup is optional. It becomes very difficult to keep track of if they're allowing a batter to hit instead of walk or to take a base for getting hit by pitch and all of the subs that come in and out.

Jan 29, 2016
For Showcase games, I rarely use the opponents rosters. In fact, most showcases, providing a roster/lineup is optional. It becomes very difficult to keep track of if they're allowing a batter to hit instead of walk or to take a base for getting hit by pitch and all of the subs that come in and out.
anybody know how to have a player bat twice back to back in the lineup? like at a showcase when the player gets hit by a pitch or walks and the coach sends someone off the bench to run and the batter hits again? I have been just creating another player and then editing the stats at the end of the game. Is there an easier way to allow the batter to hit twice in the same lineup?

Feb 7, 2016
anybody know how to have a player bat twice back to back in the lineup? like at a showcase when the player gets hit by a pitch or walks and the coach sends someone off the bench to run and the batter hits again? I have been just creating another player and then editing the stats at the end of the game. Is there an easier way to allow the batter to hit twice in the same lineup?
I usually go into the manual over ride settings and adjust the count.

Or, give the batter credit for the at bat accordingly, then add a courtesy runner for the batter if someone is placed on base and then skip back to the same batter. (I believe that's how I have done it, not 100% sure)

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
OP here - got the live streaming working for TM!
Only question - is there a way to cast the TM stream to the tv? We used twitch last season and can just watch on the TV easily but my husband was trying to watch and he had to do some screen mirroring to be able to see it on the tv.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
So another question - I am able to go back and watch the videos on TM but is there an easier way to get the clips from the video? I can screen record but on my phone, the overlay takes up a lot of the top and on my ipad that is better but the screen recording on the ipad leaves the red recording icon at the top. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Oct 2, 2015
Tap on the baserunner and put in the courtesy runner. Then tap on the player at bat (top of screen) and click skip to different batter.

Nov 16, 2021
This weekend was the first time we used Team Manager - actually we made the change between games and it took about 5 minutes to download, transfer our team over from GC and link up all our parents/followers. By the time the next game rolled around, one of our parents set up their everyday phone with an extra battery pack and we are live with real time scoring overlaid. We all looked at each other like a miracle had just occurred as we were beyond frustrated with another service that continues to make all the promises with zero delivery, including getting a ton of what looks like bot driven reviews on the apple app store but that is a story for a different day. If this past weekend is any indication of the capability and success we had with Team Manager I could see them being the player in the space with Dick's Sporting Goods being the driver of the business no one will be able to compete with them. The girls all have access to the game video in one place and can easily snip what they like with a click of the button and they have all the stats they had before through traditional GC. What a refreshing weekend on that front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802