Team ACT test prep

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Almost as much as playing one season of softball. YMWV.
Yeah my HS classmate/college roommate/brother-in-law (😂) does math/physics tutoring and test prep and makes as much (if not more) money doing that then he would have if he had gone to work with his MS in Computer Engineering from Stanford…Knowing him though he must be really good at it (and not only because he is smart as he*l..)

Last edited:
May 12, 2021
Coach of an '08 TB team here. We have been integrating some college recruiting (early steps) into our practices. I was wondering if anyone has done a team ACT/SAT test prep program. Any successes, advice, or pitfalls of trying something like this?

08 test prep - ?
For 7th graders?
8th graders. My thought process is most of these girls are being looked at during their sophomore year. If they've had the opportunity to take the test 2-3 times by that point, colleges either would see that as initiative or they possibly could have the score they are looking for.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Early fantastic test scores certainly can pump up a player resume/bio.

Catching student at end of 7th grade posted a
1280 SAT.
End of 8th Grade she posted a 1450 SAT

She is now a sophomor and last week i spoke with an IVY Coach about her.

Some folks wait until late junior year to do these type test,
However fantastic scores early can certainly be added to info about players to be first in line on college radars.

Jul 31, 2015
8th graders. My thought process is most of these girls are being looked at during their sophomore year. If they've had the opportunity to take the test 2-3 times by that point, colleges either would see that as initiative or they possibly could have the score they are looking for.

Sure, I guess. If they can do the work on a test that's geared towards 11th grade.

Cheers.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Added stress early. If you have kids that have 3.5+GPA then they’ll be good.
GPA, by itself, doesn't mean much...unless it's bad. Without the right course emphasis, I'll show you 3.5+ students who won't break 20 on an ACT. The quality of the HS often matters as well. What helps the most are parents who understand the drill, and what's required to do well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812