Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I still cannot understand your addiction to this conversation. I had my fill of it more than 5 years ago. All of the same posts over, and over, and over, and over.... It's like groundhog day.

You halfway asked. I answered. 🤷🏽‍♂️ It was merely to show the back/one-legged golfer is a myth in terms of hitting. The golfer can use either leg bc your timing the body not the ball. And if that is the case as my front legged friend shows above; you can come to your own conclusion.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
One more time for the people in the back that might not hear as well. Both legs are used in the swing.

What he thinks and what reality is, is quite different. If you watch video it’s easy to see the exact opposite. I don’t know how he holds any traction w you guys. Don’t you ever study the best hitters and compare? When does Mike shift pressure? Is the foot down before he swings?

1666010778813.gif

Edit: try and understand this sequence and the timing of it. You won’t need much more than this if you can.

Reactions: TDS
Jun 8, 2016
About 10 years ago I had a stomach virus that would go away and then come back...happened like 3 times over about 6 weeks. Horrible..

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What he thinks and what reality is, is quite different. If you watch video it’s easy to see the exact opposite. I don’t know how he holds any traction w you guys. Don’t you ever study the best hitters and compare? When does Mike shift pressure? Is the foot down before he swings?

View attachment 26712

Edit: try and understand this sequence and the timing of it. You won’t need much more than this if you can.

Swinging the foot down.

Your down 0-1 next hitter who is doing what you claim.

D2B685CD-9484-44EA-897C-325AC15F2F31.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Swinging the foot down.

Your down 0-1 next hitter who is doing what you claim.

View attachment 26717

Not a chance if you plan on turning on a pitch as well as going with it.

JE6YKXj.mp4

IHNUHYI.gif

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You can probably find gifs of trout with his hands starting forward before heel strike (he was late) and others when his heel is planted before his hands start forward (he was early). There are no keys to the Rolls Royce here. One of the reasons I don't like Richard....he says the stupidest things sometimes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood