Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So, I’m going back to the beginning of the season with Judge. I saved many swings form July, Aug.

First thing they mentioned getting ready to hit was how he turned down the deal and was betting on himself this year.

He may have turned 225 for 7 to 455 for 7. I forget the exact number, but if he wins the Triple crown. That’s got to be worth 200 extra. I don’t even know what the highest contract is currently , only he will be one one of them.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Fraud Alert !! AP is FYB and has not given up the rear leg/hip relationship.

SPByZLc.gif

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Getting off track at least for this thread. Teaching the HLP

In the most basic way of thinking, Richard and others, broke the code of how many of the best swing the bat. He figured out ways to describe what he felt when he duplicated those swings. With the focus on the most significant movements and patterns , he felt the results in his swing particularly in quickness.

For those that are serious about learning or teaching what is the best way to swing a bat, grab a bat and try this.

1. Coil is superior to lateral shift
2. Launch rearward is better than push out front for power,
3. On and around , is probably the best thing you can do to improve your timing.
4. One legged launch removes the timing nightmare young hitters have when weighing the front foot to swing.
5. Knowing how to properly load the body for maximum quickness and power. I’ve never heard the weight shifters teach this or using your back side for power.
6. Having a consistent place to launch the barrel from will clean up the erratic hand and arms dropping or pushing to find a launch position.
7. The shoulders are superior to the arms with lining up the barrel path.
8. A strong triangle will do wonders for you barrel path.

Sorry but this isn’t your daddy’s old Buick….. We have 12 yr olds pitching 60MPH. A hitters reaction time from the brain to the body has to be an unconscious connection. You can’t practice slow and get quicker.

HLP is not the only way to swing a bat, it’s just the best way to swing a bat.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

In the most basic way of thinking, Richard and others, broke the code of how many of the best swing the bat. He figured out ways to describe what he felt when he duplicated those swings. With the focus on the most significant movements and patterns , he felt the results in his swing particularly in quickness.

For those that are serious about learning or teaching what is the best way to swing a bat, grab a bat and try this.

3. On and around , is probably the best thing you can do to improve your timing.
4. One legged launch removes the timing nightmare young hitters have when weighing the front foot to swing.
5. Knowing how to properly load the body for maximum quickness and power. I’ve never heard the weight shifters teach this or using your back side for power.
6. Having a consistent place to launch the barrel from will clean up the erratic hand and arms dropping or pushing to find a launch position.

Sorry but this isn’t your daddy’s old Buick….. We have 12 yr olds pitching 60MPH. A hitters reaction time from the brain to the body has to be an unconscious connection. You can’t practice slow and get quicker.

Mike I think you just got off the track here (HLP is not the only way to swing a bat, it’s just the best way to swing a bat.)

HLP, is a pattern that works but not what the best do.. AJ, changed his pattern, Kiingery struggled adjusting his pattern.

Jun 8, 2016
Mike I think you just got off the track here (HLP is not the only way to swing a bat, it’s just the best way to swing a bat.)

HLP, is a pattern that works but not what the best do.. AJ, changed his pattern, Kiingery struggled adjusting his pattern.
Ever notice how @Mudders Brudder, who has been on boards forever (he’s an old bastard 😜) , always makes sure to preface his statements by IMO? 😂

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California

HLP, is a pattern that works but not what the best do.
. AJ, changed his pattern, Kiingery struggled adjusting his pattern.
That all may be but my concern is the results my players make. Are they better hitters with these principals applied to their swing? Some yes some no. Some can’t handle a different way of thinking about the way they swing a bat. I’m good with that.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
As the days go by, TM gets closer to describing the swing in ways that fit what us ‘shifters’ say. His only successful student (please point out the others, if there are some) looks that way as well. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Really? Matches no one ever.

Reactions: TDS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802