Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You can probably find gifs of trout with his hands starting forward before heel strike (he was late) and others when his heel is planted before his hands start forward (he was early). There are no keys to the Rolls Royce here. One of the reasons I don't like Richard....he says the stupidest things sometimes.

No one is saying the hands come forward before foot plant. That is a check point, front shoulder in, hands still back. You don’t swing forward. The barrel gets turn back first, not forward.

How did you come to your conclusion?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Maybe to you he’s not one of the best hitters. You can see the complete interview on you tube.

Do you ever answer questions? Or just move along ignoring the obvious? This is your rebuttal? Nobody is saying you don’t stay in the back leg. You’re balanced in both legs. You’re light for an inside heater usually (timing) and heavier for an outside softer pitch. Everything changes according to the pitch. But you DEFINITELY DONT swing the foot down. It might happen from time to time on an inside heater that you’re late to, but that’s spinning and yanking which will work for that particular situation sometimes. But eventually turns into pulling off outside pitches. You’re sitting one pitch.

Manny was a great hitter. He sat more pitches than most. Think that’s why his swing was so pretty. But at the end of the day he uses both legs as much as the next guy. 🤷🏽‍♂️

1666116119830.gif

Here’s an adjustment swing.

If you learn FYB you will know what you’ve been missing. See hOw when he lands he is more centered? TM has masked this as back leg magic. But notice the early pressure shift at the start of the clip. He’s centered/leveraged before the foot gets down and thereafter releases into the front side after the front foot gets down.

I am tired of the sarcasm and lack of communication though. If you want to carry on a conversation about what we see on video, do better w the content or at least ask me ‘why’. Pushing the HLP agenda as a match is weak and a waste of everyone’s time. WE ALL KNOW ITS NOT what the best do. If yiu can’t help yourself, that’s ok. I will not engage it much longer though. 🤷🏽‍♂️

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Crapping? I didn’t engage until fallacies were being thrown around. Know what you’re talking about before you speak.

Behold your savior, ladies and gentlemen. He is here to protect you from the evils of hitting mechanics concepts that he doesn't understand, and therefore must be wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812