Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Their is a point where it looks like the body pauses. The balance between the pullback and the front leg going forward and down.
That is just reversal of direction

jkG7HqO.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Ever try to connect the dots of why folks who do the walk up/step behind drill have no problem getting fyb ?
part of leaning to coil is controlling the weight and stride of the front leg, they depend on each other.

A proper coil involves the stride and the pullback.

Ever try to connect the dots of why folks who do the walk up/step behind drill have no problem getting fyb ? Hint don't focus on the coil but let it happen naturally. Study the dynamic planes of motion involved.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Ever try to connect the dots of why folks who do the walk up/step behind drill have no problem getting fyb ?

Ever try to connect the dots of why folks who do the walk up/step behind drill have no problem getting fyb ? Hint don't focus on the coil but let it happen naturally. Study the dynamic planes of motion involved.
cue the golf clip….

My study of dynamic planes of motion.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
cue the golf clip….

My study of dynamic planes of motion.

Mike, if you have been following AJ's changes as well as why Kingery struggles you would realize this movement is one of the reasons.. AJ adjusted his movement to hit pitches up in the zone while Kingery kept dumping below the plane of the pitch.

Your student here has made the transition as well. Like Bonds has been saying anyone can hit the low pitch.

aDgA1Fi.gif

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
A coach should put the progress and development of the athlete ahead of his/ hers beliefs. I feel comfortable saying, I teach HLP principals because I’ll use any drills or patterns to gage the progress of the player. Kayden is comfortable with this posture for now. It will probably evolve as she seeks more power.

Right now we are working on making great contact and timing. A side note the young lady pitching live was my student from 8yrs old through high school.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802