Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
5frames acted the same way as WW.

Shawn do you ever notice I’m teased/attacked first? I call out the behavior and I’m the bad guy? 😆😆 you’re doing the same thing. Geez. When you can’t argue your point around here deflection is key? 😆😆 is that the HLdebateP? Probably. I’ll leave you guys to your means. Please don’t quote me back in this thread. Thanks in advance guys.

Jan 24, 2021
Ok I’ve been following this thread since the beginning, even through the twist and turns, the highs and lows, drama and lulls. I think now is a good time to chime in and take a step back for reflection. For intent and purpose, Mike starting this is for someone like me. I didn’t know a lot about this swing before and some things I understand better now. Are there things I may not understand fully or don’t necessarily agree with? Sure. Are there things that make sense and I could implement with my girls, age 12 and 9? Sure. Do I think it’s the end all be all of swings? No. Can things of it be molded into other patterns? I think so.

I’m more convinced now that there may not be a perfect swing. What there is though is a perfect swing for each individual and working to bring it out, make it consistent/repeatable in all situations, then adapt is what we’re all after. Take Hailey and Maddie. Same instructor but look really different. One I would say has more “traditional HLP look” than the other. One looks to have implemented principles to fit her needs. Both work and achieved success.

What worked for Charlie Lau and George Brett may not be what works for Aaron Judge and Richard. That’s ok and is the art of hitting. I’m not saying one is better than the other, they’re what fit the needs of the individual.

Ok I have popcorn refill…

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I’m more convinced now that there may not be a perfect swing. What there is though is a perfect swing for each individual and working to bring it out, make it consistent/repeatable in all situations, then adapt is what we’re all after. Take Hailey and Maddie. Same instructor but look really different. One I would say has more “traditional HLP look” than the other. One looks to have implemented principles to fit her needs. Both work and achieved success.

This is one of the areas that Mike really shines as an instructor. He's not trying to make all of his students look the same, but mesh HLP mechanical improvements with the nature of the hitter.

Apr 12, 2015
A radical idea....instead of arguing all over this thread why not start another thread about what you teach and why you think the other way is wrong?

Otherwise this is all just beating a long, long dead horse.

Feb 25, 2020
I don’t claim anything.that’s your frustration showing. You can’t get around the fact that HLP or Mikes version or maddies or your eyes dont match up w what the best do and then claim it does. Keep that out of the thread and I wont say a word. I just dig deeper and want to understand more than you. And I’m the bad guy? Haha. Playing victim as a grown man is cowardly. And pretty common place around here lately. Grow up gents.

Shawn do you ever notice I’m teased/attacked first? I call out the behavior and I’m the bad guy? 😆😆 you’re doing the same thing. Geez. When you can’t argue your point around here deflection is key? 😆😆 is that the HLdebateP? Probably. I’ll leave you guys to your means. Please don’t quote me back in this thread. Thanks in advance guys.

Hahaha. Those are literally 2 posts apart. 1010 and 1012. What a JOKE.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Haven’t you learned yet? Bonehead isn’t worth a thing? That’s why he’s blocked. You will learn he adds no substance to the convo.

You guys don’t seem to have comprehension skills. I don’t cry or call names. I just continue to answer the questions asked. Or rebut the fallacies made here. I’m attacked and I attack back. No biggie. Then I’m called a bully or whatever. Or insecure😆. Or whatever. I don’t say stop picking on me. I just answer the question a little firmer. Then I’m insecure again? Lmao. You guys are terrible at this. It’s just bc you don’t know what you’re talking about. If you actually had any good proof you wouldn’t resort to character attacks. It’s obvious. it’s not like I care what you think of me.

Like I said stop quoting me in this thread. It’s a waste of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812