Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
To me this is a poor swing mechanics wise, in slow motion. His sequence is wrong. He loads over top his back leg. He is all back all forward. His upper body flies past his lower half. If this is the swing you like, and teach, more power to you....

The whole reason for a slow motion swing is to work on sequence. My girls use there body in the correct order at full swing from doing the matrix (howards word) or the slow motion swing. Proof is in all my videos...:)

SL

Just an example, you don’t have to go into the details for this swing. Never even looked at his mechanics. I’ll look at it and get back to you. 👍

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
To me this is a poor swing mechanics wise, in slow motion. His sequence is wrong. He loads over top his back leg. He is all back all forward. His upper body flies past his lower half. If this is the swing you like, and teach, more power to you....

The whole reason for a slow motion swing is to work on sequence. My girls use there body in the correct order at full swing from doing the matrix (howards word) or the slow motion swing. Proof is in all my videos...:)

SL

We can say the same things in your slow motion. The phony hip turn, followed by slo motion hands coming forward.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD

SL
Going back over the rear leg is a NO NO, I would not dump weight behind my rear leg in full speed or slow balance loads.... Should load weight ON my rear hip/leg, without bringing it behind you.

Feb 7, 2014
I can't speak to any of the technical aspects, but Bustos is the most colorful and approachable individual I've seen interact with my DD over the last decade.

Jun 8, 2016
Impressive. Would this be a mechanics thing or an athletic thing iyo?
Unless SL is her father and provided the genetics (which would be weird because he would have then been referring to himself in the third person..), I think I know what he is going to say..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812