Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
I don’t see how this is proper. There are better ones.

View attachment 26941
I have had good success with it for kids who have pretty jacked up throwing motions. In order to keep the centrifugal force you have to start the arm action in a different place than you would if you took the ball out of the glove. The arm action itself feels good when you use it though. Not an absolute fix just another tool in the toolbox.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I have had good success with it for kids who have pretty jacked up throwing motions. In order to keep the centrifugal force you have to start the arm action in a different place than you would if you took the ball out of the glove. The arm action itself feels good when you use it though. Not an absolute fix just another tool in the toolbox.
Taking the ball down and around, how do you compare that to me teaching them to take it fairly straight back, turn it away not all the way to catcher and turn it over as you throw ....

Oct 26, 2019
Taking the ball down and around, how do you compare that to me teaching them to take it fairly straight back, turn it away not all the way to catcher and turn it over as you throw ....
I don't have an issue with it. I think throwing is a lot of rhythm and timing and girls try to get to certain static positions when they throw and lose the rhythm is all. When I see girls like that it reminds me of the Tom Emanski videos

Attachments

• 950B25EA-246A-446F-9E9B-D3BE5B3CA444.jpeg
    950B25EA-246A-446F-9E9B-D3BE5B3CA444.jpeg
    857.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
The main reason why throwing is like hitting is it's core based. The core dictate the actions. The hands just hold the damn ball.
(Couldn't help myself) 😂
Was that a FFS quote? Cannot remember but somebody on here used to say that all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee