Tanner 12

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Rolling hard

She wants to play for her HS, which is a very strong team year in and year out. You have to be very good to make our Varsity team.

She only played 1 yr at 10u and then COVID canceled he second year. I don’t count the rec ball years. This is only her second year of playing.
Then she has to start over from scratch. Lock in a sequence first with tee work and preferable long tee where she can see the trajectory of the ball before you add in timing with front toss. If her sequence falls apart, back to the tee. She can do it but she is going to have to buy in to change and the process. Good luck.

Aug 20, 2017
So you would change the hands rather then working with her style?

Yes there is some slack.
IMO you need to teach her how to hit. She needs work on upper and lower. If you were only wanting to address the hands I would neck slot. Adding posture shouldn’t be too much. Gonna need to teach her how to stride maintaining neck slot and posture. Then add coil. Pre set coil if needed. Can turn both feet inward some to feel lower body coil. She’ll feel that stretch. Do a bunch of dry stuff (especially when teaching the move out, slow and controlled by rear leg). She’s got some pop! If she’s coachable (and patient) she could grow quickly. Interested to see her progress.

Aug 1, 2019
awesome @Shawn and I know this girl is special to you. Working hard for sure and keep it going.

Is she using her core? If not, then maybe look at that a bit. Core is often overlooked and very hard to see if it is involved or not. Also, maybe focus on it (core) in her pitching too.

Just a thought and I may be way off but just trying to help! Give it a shot. I have seen core torque help many.

Keep us posted for sure!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
awesome @Shawn and I know this girl is special to you. Working hard for sure and keep it going.

Is she using her core? If not, then maybe look at that a bit. Core is often overlooked and very hard to see if it is involved or not. Also, maybe focus on it (core) in her pitching too.

Just a thought and I may be way off but just trying to help! Give it a shot. I have seen core torque help many.

Keep us posted for sure!

Thanks

Rendon is coiling a lot better. Which to me is getting the core more involved, stretching from the lowerbody to the upperbody.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Low handset is fine but they have work up a bit during her load.

Who are you and what have you done Pattar, lol. I’ve seen you comment in many threads as the voice of reason lately.

Thank you for the clip. I had thought of Davis just didn’t have a clip.

Yes his hands get really low and then he raises them back up. Tanner does need to bring the hands up for sure.

Jun 8, 2016
Who are you and what have you done Pattar, lol. I’ve seen you comment in many threads as the voice of reason lately.

Thank you for the clip. I had thought of Davis just didn’t have a clip.

Yes his hands get really low and then he raises them back up. Tanner does need to bring the hands up for sure.
? I can be helpful at times and have been since I started on here. Some people just don’t like my bluntness to which I say “su*% it” 😉

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Pattar

Eric Davis hands and back shoulder meet together early in the swing.

He is hitting a slightly high pitch, although I’m sure the hands and shoulder would meet up in most of his swings.

Thanks for the help, I’m off to the ball fields for the day. I’ll check back later.

97111710-8EBE-4E77-BD44-564AC5D53D97.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812