Swinging down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Those are pretty good.

It matches what we see happening here. The initial rotational forces at the rear foot are clockwise (for a RH hitter), which dramatically changes how the rear leg interacts with the rear hip compared with a counter-clockwise (bug squish) move.

View attachment 24819

this is a reach. The rest isn’t bad. But a reach is a timing nightmare. Partially bc sometimes you hit from it.. I think that was part of the stay ‘back’ ‘one’ leg thing. I had a college swing of hers, same reach pattern. Personally like to see the pelvis leverage first stacked w the torso. See how the knees indirectly control the weight? This is why I don’t like the ‘squat’ analogy. But I get it. @pattar

1641490788917.gif

Jun 8, 2016
mgHE8ss.png

May 24, 2013
So Cal
this is a reach. The rest isn’t bad. But a reach is a timing nightmare. Partially bc sometimes you hit from it.. I think that was part of the stay ‘back’ ‘one’ leg thing. I had a college swing of hers, same reach pattern. Personally like to see the pelvis leverage first stacked w the torso. See how the knees indirectly control the weight? This is why I don’t like the ‘squat’ analogy. But I get it. @pattar

View attachment 24820

If I recall, it was an adjustment to an off-speed pitch. However, that wasn't my point. I was talking about the rear leg/foot/hip, and that swing of Brooke's was the only one I had handy as an example. Beltre is also a good example of the point I was making regarding ground forces at the rear foot.

Oct 2, 2017
she leverages late. So she spins.. it’s gambling in Vegas as far as timing is concerned.
I think we just have a different view of where leverage is occurring. This where the is leveraged in my opinion. Which doesn't seem late to me. Again justmy opinion.

Screenshot_20220106-120620.png