Swinging down correctly

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
A push from a very strong and athletic man. That is what is taught, he is doing exactly what is taught, down, maybe extension, maybe some straight down (like the crappy swings WW posted), maybe some short to long out front.

Take your pick, I hear it all.
Or maybe, just must maybe LOL. Was he maybe pushing on the high one, sure a little. But that could be just largely due to maybe timing was off. What different contact points - High one the barrel to lead forearm angle is off since he was probably late. Low ball barrel to forearm swing was in line meaning he was on time. Hitting isn't black and white. No matter who it is in the box.

judge1.JPGjudge 2.JPG

Hhhmmm. Bunch of these swings low in the zone, look familiar.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
What are we arguing about here? He hit .255 (with 20 HR in 540 PA) in the minors in 2015 (the year of that video). Yeah comparing two different pitch locations, etc. isn't the best way to show it, but his swing has obviously changed (and improved) since then regardless of how it was done (and by whom..) and I am sure comparing similar situations would show that..

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
What are we arguing about here? He hit .255 in the minors in 2015 (the year of that video). Yeah comparing two different pitch locations, etc. isn't the best way to show it, but his swing has obviously changed (and improved) since then regardless of how it was done (and by whom..) and I am sure comparing similar situations would show that..
"The Magic of barrel depth." (What the poster stated the tweet was concerning). For sure his swing has improved. No question there. I don't care who taught helped him.

Jun 8, 2016
You said, "and I am sure comparing similar situations would show that.." That is my only issue. Show similar situations, and how "Barrel depth" helps in those situations.
I did say that, didn't I ;) Go tell him on twitter, I am sure he will respond with his usual courteous demeanor :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802