Swing, Out from

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Everyone on this page is stuck and swinging around the body because they use the shoulders.

edit: these are extreme examples.
I'm confused. These 'before' (and 'after' :)) hitters have bat drag, and they don't use the shoulders at all. They use their arms. (Sadly, this hitting aid, as most others, makes things worse)

2021-0630-arms.gif

MLB hitters use the shoulders from toe touch to hip slot. Notice the hands stay near the armpit as the shoulder drops/turns..

Manny-toetouch-to-hipslot.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I'm confused. These 'before' (and 'after' :)) hitters have bat drag, and they don't use the shoulders at all. They use their arms. (Sadly, this hitting aid, as most others, makes things worse)

View attachment 22744

MLB hitters use the shoulders from toe touch to hip slot. Notice the hands stay near the armpit as the shoulder drops/turns..

View attachment 22742

They are swinging around their bodies. Jack Mankin thinks you use shoulder rotation to power the swing, THT and BHT powered by shoulder rotation.

Yes they have bat drag.

No , the shoulders get turned, ML hitters don’t use shoulder rotation to power the swing. Per Mankin shoulder rotation or PCR (hands just hold on to the bat and you rotate). 🙂 🥎

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
ML hitters don’t use shoulder rotation to power the swing. Per Mankin shoulder rotation or PCR (hands just hold on to the bat and you rotate). 🙂 🥎
Mankin's gadget is bad, but his statement above is correct. This is exactly what Manny (and every other MLB hitter) is doing in my clip.

May 21, 2018
No, relying on shoulder rotation creates dead hands. The shoulders don’t power the swing, they get turned yes.
What are dead hands? Your hands aren't really capable of doing much more than holding onto the bat. Everyone talks about the hands, but your hand movements (other than fingers) are mostly controlled by muscles in your wrists and forearms.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2