Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think I figured out why I was standing up during the swing. It was because I tried to arch the lower back to initiate the swing. It stuck with me for a long time.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think I figured out why I was standing up during the swing. It was because I tried to arch the lower back to initiate the swing. It stuck with me for a long time.

that could be why. Your hands are now beating your back hip. At least more so than before. That’s a good thing. Force applied through your hands/bat is a lot better than your back. Still a bit of a cast. But I think the more you try to get the hands involved the better you will get. As long as you stay in posture.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
that could be why. Your hands are now beating your back hip. At least more so than before. That’s a good thing. Force applied through your hands/bat is a lot better than your back. Still a bit of a cast. But I think the more you try to get the hands involved the better you will get. As long as you stay in posture.

I was trying to use the hands without the shoulders peeling out at initiation.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Today’s swing.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I was trying create a better coil, screwing the foot into the ground, feeling the coil all the way through my back leg. I also took note of someone saying my back foot was pointing backwards and I turned it in to create/feel the coil into the ground. Of course I also was trying to take the back hip pocket toward the pitcher.

I think I can maintain my posture/tilt better. It isn’t horrible, just not as good as the previous swing I liked.

There are other adjustments I forgot to try. I wanted to get the bat pointing more toward the pitcher or head and keep it at a 45 degree angle instead of vertical. Totally spaced it off. 🤪 Get the knob pointing toward the catchers feet better.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee