Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Since I can't work with my kids and I'm avoiding human contact. I thought I would start my own swing experiment. My left foot is still sore from a sprang so as soon as it gets better I plan on exercising and losing a ton of weight. While I venture into being physically in shape, I thought I would swing a bat along the way and see what does and doesn't work. I'm carrying a lot of weight so it is going to effect my swings and I'm not in shape either. This is going to take some time, perhaps a 1 yr, I'll strive for making changes faster. Although it took my a long time to put the weight on and it will take some time to take it off and getting the core back in shape.

What do you think is the difference between these two swings?

swing 1

giphy.gif

swing 2

giphy.gif

Don't be shy, I know it's not pretty, lol.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think I can get the entire swing while in the garage, I was thinking the camera needed to be farther away, iPhone, to get the entire swing. So I'll work on the lighting next time. I think it will capture with the lighting in the garage.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
I’ll start a war lol:
Actively tried to torque the handle in swing 1
Didn’t actively torque handle in swing 2

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’ll start a war lol:
Actively tried to torque the handle in swing 1
Didn’t actively torque handle in swing 2

Close, although I didn’t think about TTB.

I only thought in swing 1 about creating a load of the hips/back leg and in swing 2 I only thought of starting the lower body immediately. Only thought of going forward.

Swing 1 has weight shift and unloading of what was loaded. Big weight shift across the hips and to much skipping the back foot forward. (didn’t try to shift the weight).

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
I took some swing the other day with DD soft tossing and wife watching closely. Pulled a muscle in my neck. It aint easy.

Im just comin off the DL myself. Lower back strain on a tee swing near the beginning of the "TTB pivot point swing adjustability" thread.

Shawn I was gonna guess 2nd one was TTB.
Interesting the cues you used had those results.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802