Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
What I have said repeatedly is that his barrel path in his game swing does not match his barrel path in the drill. It is then other people that twist that claiming that I am "claiming they do not do this in a game". There definitely is an agenda here, but it is not being pursued by me.
FP if the pros are isolating just hands… then why would you ever expect the barrel path to be the same? Aren’t kind of stating the obvious?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
FP if the pros are isolating just hands… then why would you ever expect the barrel path to be the same? Aren’t kind of stating the obvious?

You would think, yet this thread is up to 198 pages... We could have saved everyone here a lot of time by just agreeing that "swing down" and "behind and through" are the same thing. That only requires one post...

May 12, 2016
Because there are people outside these forums that are taking the pros literally...
This already complicated enough... are we really going to base this debate/ conversation on what people may and may not know outside these forums. Some people don't understand, FYB, posture, down and behind, barrel path, TTB etc etc. Can we just limit this limit this conversation between you and I and whoever wants to chime in on these forums... or do we need to include everybody in the world in this conversation LOL.

So with that being said... you are a member of forum with an understanding of the concepts I mentioned above. And based on your last post, you must agree with what I am saying here...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
This already complicated enough... are we really going to base this debate/ conversation on what people may and may not know outside these forums. Some people don't understand, FYB, posture, down and behind, barrel path, TTB etc etc. Can we just limit this limit this conversation between you and I and whoever wants to chime in on these forums... or do we need to include everybody in the world in this conversation LOL.

So with that being said... you are a member of forum with an understanding of the concepts I mentioned above. And based on your last post, you must agree with what I am saying here...

As I have stated 100+ times already, as long as the end result is a barrel path that is behind and through, I don't care if you say swing down, swing up, swing sideways, or swing backwards. Not sure how much clearer I can be.

May 12, 2016
As I have stated 100+ times already, as long as the end result is a barrel path that is behind and through, I don't care if you say swing down, swing up, swing sideways, or swing backwards. Not sure how much clearer I can be.
Well you are not being clear at all because you didn't answer my question.

Which is...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well you are not being clear at all because you didn't answer my question.

Which is...

I have answered that question at least 100 times already as well. Some focus on hand path. Some focus on barrel path. I see importance in both. I have seen quite a few hitters with decent hand path but subpar barrel path. By comparison, I don't remember seeing too many hitters with solid barrel path but subpar hand path.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
I have answered that question at least 100 times already as well. Some focus on hand path. Some focus on barrel path. I see importance in both. I have seen quite a few hitters with decent hand path but subpar barrel path. By comparison, I don't remember seeing too many hitters with solid hand path but subpar hand path.
Why is this so difficult? Here's my post;

Let me pinpoint, based on your opinion (not the people all over the world)
1627920984639.png

Attachments

• 1627920850111.png
    1627920850111.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member