Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
While it's a nice (misleading) cue wrt swinging when you want to vs swinging when you have to after getting your foot down...the front foot has to be down to leverage the swing against for full efficiency.

Sure, a club or bat can be swung with the front foot in the air (except if you're told to "swing down" to it)...
g4SFlEi.gif
U2LfYwJ.gif

...just not as well, as powerfully, or as efficiently as when it's planted firmly on the ground.

exactly! Or your told to get on plane early or behind it. Which makes the axis point change etc etc.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
If you think this is ABAF....
GlSG9PN.gif

...you're lost, and hopeless. You've already said that you don't need my help, so just take everything I write - even if I quote you - as for someone else who's willing to have a conversation, and not just rerun the same drivel request as their only response to everything.

But here's a thought, maybe you should post a video of you actually doing what it is you want others to do, instead of the "do as I say, not as I do" BS you're wasting your time on.

This is Rich's pattern without the forced barrel turn or supination.. Same with AGON's swing IMO. The lead side is just there to support the job of the rear leg/hip. This doesn't play well with "down to".

"Down to" and firing the rear leg/hip creates to steep of barrel path.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You seeing the same thing here @TDS ?

FYB and utilizing lead side even though it does appear he launches without much pressure on the front foot? Or nah different pattern entirely? Thoughts? (you can ignore the messenger and the message if you like..just look at the swing... :) ) I see a guy who moves out balanced while creating some resistance which allows him to launch when he needs to.

Pattar,

He is hitting an inside pitch and a outside pitch. The inside pitch he is getting the hands in front while being “out from”. The outside pitch had a deeper HPP and therefor more arc behind him as he swings “out from”.

Just saying, not specifically aimed at you.

Apr 11, 2015
This is Rich's pattern without the forced barrel turn or supination.. Same with AGON's swing IMO. The lead side is just there to support the job of the rear leg/hip. This doesn't play well with "down to".

"Down to" and firing the rear leg/hip creates to steep of barrel path.
Don't know how that can possibly be "Rich's pattern" when everything in Rich's pattern is based off of the "forced barrel turn or supination". 🤔🤷‍♂️

But if you're comparing that swing to, and saying it's the "same" or similar pattern to AGon's; well then I'll take that as a nice compliment ...thank you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TDS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28