Swing critique

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
I wouldn’t mess with her load. Work on the coil stuff already stated. Preset some of the coil in her stance that efast detailed. Ride that coil forward.

Oct 3, 2019
Hi Jeannie, she "steps in the bucket" a little. Curious how she's been hitting the low outside pitch, I'm assuming she has some issues with it?
I’m reviewing past videos to check on this. I don’t think she’s having issues with any one type of pitch this past year but, I’ll check it out. She has a tournament over Labor Day so I plan to get some good video then. She needs a hitting coach and that’s on the agenda too. She’s only been playing a couple years so, still trying to catch up. Missed all of last year basically which didn’t help.
I wouldn’t mess with her load. Work on the coil stuff already stated. Preset some of the coil in her stance that efast detailed. Ride that coil forward.
I think that's what I meant when I said load. It's her coil that needs work. She doesn't seem to have one at all.

May 12, 2016
I’m reviewing past videos to check on this. I don’t think she’s having issues with any one type of pitch this past year but, I’ll check it out. She has a tournament over Labor Day so I plan to get some good video then. She needs a hitting coach and that’s on the agenda too. She’s only been playing a couple years so, still trying to catch up. Missed all of last year basically which didn’t help.
She seems to be doing great! You do know what I mean though right? Her lead foot seems to land towards 3rd bas a little. Because of this she might be pulling off the the outside pitch. Generally hitters who do this have issues covering the outside part and/or are unable to drive a pitch in this location. Typically this becomes very apparent on low off speed outside pitches. Of course there are exceptions, just something to keep an eye out for :)

Oct 3, 2019
She seems to be doing great! You do know what I mean though right? Her lead foot seems to land towards 3rd bas a little. Because of this she might be pulling off the the outside pitch. Generally hitters who do this have issues covering the outside part and/or are unable to drive a pitch in this location. Typically this becomes very apparent on low off speed outside pitches. Of course there are exceptions, just something to keep an eye out for :)
Yes, I understand. I’m using this to point out to her what she’s doing. I’m trying to figure out if she only does this on inside pitches as she is starting to pull the ball more. Often though, she’s up the middle and to both gaps. We saw the pulling as maybe an indication of improvement and getting her timing down better but, maybe not so much?

May 12, 2016
Yes, I understand. I’m using this to point out to her what she’s doing. I’m trying to figure out if she only does this on inside pitches as she is starting to pull the ball more. Often though, she’s up the middle and to both gaps. We saw the pulling as maybe an indication of improvement and getting her timing down better but, maybe not so much?
Personally I prefer gap to gap... however I always told my DD to hit the ball where it's pitched. Loved seeing her take an outside pitch Oppo and loved seeing her pull an inside pitch. IMO hitting the ball hard is a very good indication of good timing, regardless of where the ball is hit. There are good hitters who are dead pull, but I believe the best hitters are gap to gap because they can hit any pitch location hard. Just my two cents. Lots of good advice on here, if your DD is having success, I would take baby steps and reassess after each implementation. I'm sure a "good" hitting coach would take that approach. I'm not a hitting coach, Just my two cents from one parent to another :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28