Sunglasses recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2014
This is not necessarily a college softball topic but DD is in her freshman year and will be playing outfield - she’s asked for some sunglasses for Christmas. Anyone have recommendations of a good brand/type that has worked well for your DD?

Thanks for any suggestions.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
In my experience, buying expensive sunglasses for softball was not a good idea. The $10-15 ones at Walmart work just as well and you are less likely to have a coronary when they are lying on the ground in the dugout lenses down...

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Many on here will espouse the virtues of expensive sunglasses but truthfully, the Spider brand of polarized sunglasses found in the fishing section of Walmart has served DD well and she's a catcher. They cost $14.99 and come with a clear protective case for protection.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Yes...cheap is all you need, but make sure to get a case. Buy 2, because the first pair will be lost/broken before the end of March. Guaranteed.

Sep 19, 2018
I bicycle for exercise. As a semi responsible adult, I bought myself Oakley Prizm lenses. I love mine. For my 9 yo DD I bought her Rawlings sunglasses for something like $15 on sale. The $15 glasses do the job just fine. When compared to the Oakleys, things don't look exactly the same. Is it enough to justify the extra expense? Is your DD responsible enough? Only you can decide. For softball, Oakley recommends Prizm Field. Good luck.

Jun 27, 2019
According to my experience, spending too much money for buying sunglasses fro softball is not good. I think you will prefer to buy sunglasses from the wholesale sunglasses stores, who sells sunglasses at affordable rates. My friend last week bought sunglasses from the City Sunglass wholesale sunglasses store at affordable rate. He also suggest me to buy sunglasses from the City Sunglass store.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
These have served DD well in the outfield 4 two seasons (old 12u and first year 14u) and only slightly costlier at $45 on amazon. Smaller head so the youth size fits well, but think they would do at any age, she is 5'7.

Under Armour Youth Nitro L Polarized Sunglasses

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Anyone have any new suggestions to throw in the mix regarding good sunglasses for use on the field? DD's are sophomores in college and (knock wood) very responsible and these will likely be the last sunglasses I'm buying for them (as a gift) and I'm willing to spend a little extra coin. They both have used cheap shades (Rawlings Vinci, etc.) throughout their playing careers so far and have been fine with them. One is P/CF and the other is C/3B, good polarized, interchangeable lenses are desired.

Oct 26, 2019
Get her some oakleys. The m frames have no rim and are very clear field of vision. Not sure if they make them in a woman’s but something similar in a womens would be the way to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28