Suncoast Backlash

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2023
What was their feedback on the mantra plus?
My daughter prefers the Mantra 2.0 for it's feel on barreled hits. Sound is funky on the 2.0 but she likes it. Mantra Plus she feels is nearly a Ghost clone and sound / feedback is similar too. It's her personal preference but she hit it fine - just prefers the "spring" in the Mantra 2.0 (and 1.0).

The Backlash she was indifferent to (feel-wise) but her exit velo was consistently higher than the Mantras (about 5%).

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My daughter prefers the Mantra 2.0 for it's feel on barreled hits. Sound is funky on the 2.0 but she likes it. Mantra Plus she feels is nearly a Ghost clone and sound / feedback is similar too. It's her personal preference but she hit it fine - just prefers the "spring" in the Mantra 2.0 (and 1.0).

The Backlash she was indifferent to (feel-wise) but her exit velo was consistently higher than the Mantras (about 5%).
Way different bats too...The Suncoast is wayyy lighter than mantras

If you are hitting a 33/23 Mantra and hit it well, if you pick up a 33/23 Suncoast, it will feel a world different. You are talking OVER
an ounce diff in the two bats. The Suncoasts come in under weight, while the Mantras are an ounce over.

Oct 4, 2018
Sold out all but 34s on Suncoast website….

Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've marketed it well. And perhaps don't have a huge supply. Almost any time I've gone to buy a bat in the last few years they've been out. LXT, Xeno, Ghost...

As far as Mantra, doesn't the same company own Mantra and Ghost? Certainly different facilities and machines and employees and such, but perhaps for the new Mantra they took the Ghost engineers out to lunch and talked shop. :p

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
They've marketed it well. And perhaps don't have a huge supply. Almost any time I've gone to buy a bat in the last few years they've been out. LXT, Xeno, Ghost...

As far as Mantra, doesn't the same company own Mantra and Ghost? Certainly different facilities and machines and employees and such, but perhaps for the new Mantra they took the Ghost engineers out to lunch and talked shop. :p
Yup, they're Easton/Rawlings now. The girls we've had test the Mantra Plus all say it feels much more like the Ghost now.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Rawlings owns Easton, Miken, Worth...and Rawlings is owned by Seidler Equity Partners

It all depends, most bats come from overseas, so Easton is prob made in the same Factory...but doesnt mean they are the same. We know the past 2 Mantras are not Ghosts. Maybe the Plus took some of the diags, I dont know. I still dont think so.

I honestly do not think they marketed the Suncoast very well. But, its going to take some time and def going to take more weights
to get them going...you dont just splash into the market as a completely new bat and crush it.
I think they they just didnt make an over supply of the backlashes as to not get jammed with 10000 bats sitting around...hahaha.

Lots of the little bats companies dont go major on supplies right away

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee