Suncoast Backlash

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 27, 2019
Swings like a Demarini. Balanced. Daughter uses a 33 drop 11 Advanced and starting to gravitate towards the Suncoast more. Not sure if tacky barrel has created any extra spin but had a couple of balls slice into gaps once hit (non technical description ha)

Feb 7, 2023
My DD swung this bat next to her Mantra 2.0, a Monstra Hype and a Mantra Plus this past weekend.

Her exit velocity using the Backlash was consistently the highest of all the bats used which was surprising for her. She felt the bat balance was 'different' and couldn't put her finger on it. I think it was probably the bat handle being a bit slimmer than the others mentioned. She's 5'11" with bigger hands...

Definitely an eye-opener as this was the first we'd heard of the bat. Highly recommend some swings with this bat to determine if your DD likes the handle and balance.

The textured barrel was 'interesting' but previous Mantra's have used a textured barrel approach.

Jan 28, 2017
Watched three girls hitting with it a few days ago. All three a really good players. 1. 9th grader that hit homeruns and out of the wrapper hitting the ball 220 (weighs 110). 2. 9th grader that is very strong (Not Big). Coming off ACL and hitting absolute monster shots. Guessing but on 250 or better. 3. 8th grader that's tall and skinny. Hit oppo HR's and according to her dad that's not normal.

Hard for me to say if the bat helped since they all can swing it but their dad's believe the bat is very hot. One of the girls stated that she couldn't feel it when she swung. I'm assuming that's the balance that the above post was talking about.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The bat is super light and balanced, so if you prefer balanced and your hitting it against Mantras and whatever else, you will hit
the balanced bat better of course

if your dd likes a little weight, you prob wont like this bat.

Just trying to keep some level heads before people go thinking its a magic stick...haha. I am going to hit a 34/24 Suncoast
against a 34/26 Carbon2 Saturday, and I know which one will win because of weight because
the 34/26 is more our weight. Im just doing it for test purposes. If it can atleast hang in there, it will be a
big win for the Backlash

Last edited:
My DD swung this bat next to her Mantra 2.0, a Monstra Hype and a Mantra Plus this past weekend.

Her exit velocity using the Backlash was consistently the highest of all the bats used which was surprising for her. She felt the bat balance was 'different' and couldn't put her finger on it. I think it was probably the bat handle being a bit slimmer than the others mentioned. She's 5'11" with bigger hands...

Definitely an eye-opener as this was the first we'd heard of the bat. Highly recommend some swings with this bat to determine if your DD likes the handle and balance.

The textured barrel was 'interesting' but previous Mantra's have used a textured barrel approach.
What was their feedback on the mantra plus?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What was their feedback on the mantra plus?
My daughter said she liked the Mantra+ better than the previous one. She felt the barrel and sweet spot were larger, which is what they were shooting for, and it was more balanced. Aesthetically speaking, she liked the matte white a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45