Summer College Opportunities

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
I think I have seen posts on this before, but I'm not as efficient as others to find them... where are college age kids playing during the Summer months that can't or won't make the FGCL? Are there 22/23 & Under leagues in certain areas of the country. I see a few tournaments here and there, but it seems pretty sparse.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
In my area we were able to able to form 3 teams to compete in a few scrimmages in the summer. The issue is many players are already doing something and would rather be doing anything other than playing softball. This is their break because they do softball related activities all fall and all spring. DD didn't want to do this but she actually thanked me for making her go. LOL. It was fun for me to catch up with a lot of parents who I haven't seen in many years.

You might recognize some of the faces in this photo.

summer ball.jpg

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
There are 18+ tournaments around here. I have a pitcher playing in some of them with a team. I'm interested to see the level of play and curious to see how many college players there are.

Feb 15, 2017
Doesn't North Carolina also have an equivalent to the Florida League?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My DD will be working out in the summer and perhaps playing friendlies with a former team. But she was told in no uncertain terms by her coach to NOT play anything official where her name would be on a roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
Our area does have 23U teams and some tourneys, but dd most likely will not be joining. The summer will be the only time where she will be able to have some recovery time to rest her arm. Other than hitting the gym and doing a pitching lesson here or there to stay sharp, I don’t see a lot of ball. She also wants to work and get certified as an EMT, so also just no time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802