Stumped by Kinovea AGAIN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
Ok. Just when I thought I had the hang of this thing.....it bites me on the ankle AND the left pinky toe! I shot video of a short tee session with DD on yesterday. Footage came out visible this time (finally remembered to HIT THE FRIGGIN RECORD BUTTON). I used 2 phones to record (for front and back views). Both phones recorded the long way (so portrait). Went to Kinovea and opened the files. Both files automatically switched to landscape. I have no way to switch them back, either. I already moved them from my phone and deleted the files from the phones(because they were 4GB each). Using Windows Movie Maker, I was able to convert the video to landscape (thinking they would convert to portrait on Kinovea). No luck. Is there something I'm forgetting? A setting maybe?

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I recommend you download the ubersense app, and simply record on your smart phone...then use the ubersense to play back as fast or as slow as you like

Nov 25, 2012
USA
hmm, I seem to have luck rotating it in Windows Movie Maker until it shows up correctly in Kinovea. I have had to rotate some vids a few times in WMM a few times before they worked in Kinovea but they finally worked. Sounds like you have already tried this so I am not sure what to do next?

Aug 26, 2015
Technique won't load either video. A few minutes ago, I saw the "Importing and optimizing may take a minute. You will be notified when video is ready" message. Then, I saw the import has failed. Turned on my Screen On app to keep the screen on this time. Maybe I'll get more specifics as to why it didn't work that way.

Aug 26, 2015
Figured out the problem folks. Just in case someone else needs to know how to do this, if you take footage in portrait, you need to make sure you change the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3.

Jun 1, 2013
Coach's eye is OK but u will get a lot of ads with free version. They have changed their format some and now u can choose your play back speeds as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13