Strike out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
This^ plus

Pitch calling.

Being able to read batters, i.e. see them swing and know where their weak spots are.
I second pitch calling. Maybe you don't realize you are calling different pitches to DD (easy to do).

Also, if you strike out people, you are throwing lots of pitches. Personally, I would rather throw less pitches.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2017
DD moved to 3-0 on the varsity. Beat a good team and threw a 3 hit shutout. 63 pitches in 7 innings. Three strike outs and no walks. Still odd to me. She did get two big strike outs when she needed them today and if she does that who cares about the overall strike out numbers.

Nov 22, 2019
Tincher has said something along the line of, if a ball is put in play, 2 bad things can happen and one good thing, so go for the strikeout.

Jan 28, 2017
22 innings and 1 walk. 80% strike on first pitch. 74% strikes. 9% swing and miss. 2.8 pitches per batter. 8 strike outs

Other kid 30 innings and 4 walks. 70% first pitch. 73% strikes. 15% swing and miss. 2.8 per batter. 24 strike outs.

My DD ERA and hits are considerably better. I’m not sure which one is better both solid.

Nov 6, 2019
Very possible. DD gives up more two strike hits than normal, IMO. I do think the friend (2nd DD), is more cut throat. My DD is fine with just getting you out.
My daughters pitching coach would tell you that on a 0-2 count that the pitcher should never throw the ball over the plate.

Jan 28, 2017
My daughters pitching coach would tell you that on a 0-2 count that the pitcher should never throw the ball over the plate.
Doesn't very often. I put her accuracy up there close to anyone. Now she just doesn't throw as hard as some and someone mentioned killer instinct or something similar and my DD doesn't have that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802